- Easy Sourdough Bread
- Sourdough Starter from Scratch
- Easy Blueberry Muffins
- Easy Homemade Bread - 4 Ingredient Bread
- Irish Shepherd’s Pie
- Tortilla de Patatas - Spanish Omelette - Tortilla Española
- Oatmeal Lace Cookie Cups with Whipped Chocolate Ganache and Strawberry Jam
- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
Baked Cheese Balls
I've always loved cheese balls, one of my favorite appetizer my mother makes. As I wanted a healthier recipe for these I tried to bake them and turned really great.
Baked cheese balls are simple and fast to make and turns into a delicious cheese appetizer. My family serves them often at holiday tables. You can fry the cheese balls as well but baking is a lot healthier.
- Makes about 28-30 cheese balls
- 3 cups grated semi-hard cheese
- 3 tbsp semolina
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp fresh dill, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a medium bowl mix the grated cheese with semolina flour. Then add the egg, salt, pepper and dill and mix thoroughly to form a dough.
- Take about 1 tbsp of mixture and shape into balls. Place the cheese balls on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15–20 minutes and another 3-5 minutes on broil.