- Triple Chocolate Cranberry Mousse Cake
- Crispy Sliced Roasted Potatoes
- Snickers Mousse Cake - Chocolate Caramel Peanut Mousse Cake
- Turkey Roulade with Cranberry and Spinach Stuffing
- Refined Sugar Free Date Cocoa Brownies
- Easy Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Twisted Pumpkin Bagels
- Easy Halloween Chocolate Pumpkin Cake
Christmas Swirl Cookies
Watch the video for this recipe:
Swirl Cookies are always a favorite whenever I take them to a friend or family gathering. They shouldn’t miss the Christmas cookie platter as they are simply irresistable.
For these cookies I've used the recipe I’ve made for vanilla and chocolate swirl cookies and adapted it for making Christmas swirl cookies in 3 colors. The result is simply amazing, and I must say my daughters really enjoyed them a lot.
The recipe is quite easy and as other cookie recipes these swirl cookies can be easily made in advance, freeze and have them ready for holidays. Enjoy!
Vanilla Chocolate Swirl Cookies
Marbled Icing Sugar Cookies
- Maked about 40 cookies
- 1 cup (226g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tsp (10g) vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cup (320g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2g) salt
- Red food coloring
- Green food coloring
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar for about 3-5 minutes until creamy. Add egg yolks and vanilla extract and mix until well combined. Incorporate flour and salt using a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Divide dough in 3 equal pieces. Add red food coloring in one piece and green food coloring in other.
- Wrap the three pieces of dough in plastic wrap and shape each into a rectangle.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Roll green dough into a 9x12 inch (23x30cm) rectangle over a parchment paper. Use flour to make sure the rolling pin doesn't stick .
- Roll vanilla/white dough into a 9x12 inch (23x30cm) rectangle over a parchment paper. Use flour to make sure the rolling pin doesn't stick .
- Roll red dough into a 9x12 inch (23x30cm) rectangle over a parchment paper. Use flour to make sure the rolling pin doesn't stick .
- Flip the vanilla dough on top of the green dough.
- Flip the red dough on top of the vanilla dough.
- Roll up into a log, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Slice the log into ¼ inch (6mm) thick cookies. Place the cookies on the prepared baking sheets with distance between them.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Cool completely on cooling rack.