Eggless Chocolate Lava Cake
Watch the video for this recipe:
Chocolate Lava Cake is a dessert that everybody love and makes quite a sensation every time. I want to share with you an eggless version of this delicious dessert that satisfies any chocolate lover. It’s rich, chocolaty, with a gooey molten center, one of the best chocolate treats ever.
The batter is very easy and quick to prepare and you can serve as it dusted with some powdered sugar on top, with fruits or with a good dollop of ice cream.
- Makes 4 servings
- 1/2 cup (65g) all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 1/4 cup (30g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2g) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (2g) baking soda
- 1/4 cup (56ml) oil
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 7 fl oz (200ml) milk
- 3/4 oz (22g) chocolate, 4 pieces
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Grease 4 ramekins or aluminum muffin molds.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Whisk in oil and vanilla extract. Gradually add milk until batter is well combined and smooth.
- Divide batter into the prepared molds. Place one piece of chocolate into the center of each mold.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool slightly for about 15 minutes before removing from the molds.
- Run a sharp knife completely around the inside edge of the molds and invert onto plates. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top, and serve immediately.