- Chocolate Norwegian Cake - Chocolate Verdens Beste
- Breakfast Muffins - Refined Sugar Free Muffins
- Kvæfjordkake - Norwegian Verdens Beste - World's Best Cake
- Baked Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donuts (no yeast, no eggs)
- No-Bake White Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake
- Easy Three Cheese Stuffed Shells
- Chocolate Milk Slice Cake - Kinder Chocolate Milk Slice
- No-bake Berry Lemon Yogurt Mousse Cake
Eggless Yogurt Brownies
Watch the video for this recipe:
I have recently discovered these yogurt brownies and I was quite impressed by their texture even though they are made without butter and eggs. They are definitely healthier and you can make them even healthier by adding coconut sugar or even brown sugar instead of refined sugar and adding almond or oat flour instead of all-purpose flour.
These yogurt brownies are rich and fudgy, abounding with chocolate, a great treat for whenever you are craving for brownies and want a healthier version, rich in chocolate and lower in calories.
Even though I love this healthier version of brownies, the classic one made with eggs and butter still remains my favorite choice if I have no restriction on any of the ingredients. Hope you will try these out and let me know how they turn out for you. Enjoy!
- Makes about 10-12 servings
- 3 oz (90g) semisweet chocolate, for melting
- 3 oz (90g) semisweet chocolate, chips or chunks
- 3/4 cup (150g) sugar
- 1 1/3 cup (320g) Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2g) baking powder
- 1 cup (125g) all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (40g) cocoa powder
- 1 tsp (2g) instant coffee powder, optional
- 2 tbsp (20g) mini semisweet chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Grease a 8 inch (20cm) square pan and line with parchment paper.
- Melt 3 oz (90g) semisweet chocolate over bain-marie and set aside to cool slightly.
- Add sugar, vanilla extract and instant coffee. Add yogurt and mix to combine.
- Incorporate cocoa powder, baking powder, and flour and mix until just combined.
- Fold the remaining 3 oz (90g) semisweet chocolate chips or chunks. The batter is quite thick.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle mini semisweet chocolate chips or chunks over the top.
- Bake the brownies for 20-23 minutes. Don’t overbake. Let cool completely.