- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
- Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Chocolate Mocha Fault Line Cake with Chocolate Sail
- Crispy Onion Rings
- Croque en Bouche or Croquembouche
- Spinach and Shiitake Mushroom Stuffing
Homemade Crescent Rolls
Watch the video for this recipe:
This is a great recipe for light, fluffy and buttery homemade crescent rolls. Perfect to have them served right out from the oven to Thanksgiving dinner table. I will definitely repeat this recipe to serve them not only on holidays but for breakfast too. They are just delicious, hardly can stop not eating too many.
- Makes 32 rolls
- 3 1/2 cups (440g) flour
- 25 g fresh yeast (2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast or 2 tsp of instant yeast)
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) water, warm
- 3/4 cup (180ml) milk, warm
- 1 1/2 tbsp (22g) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5g) salt
- 4 tbsp (56g) butter, softened
- 4 or 5 tbsp (56g) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tbsp (21g) butter, melted
- In a large bowl, mix flour with sugar and salt. Dissolve the fresh yeast in the warm water and add to the flour mixture. Add eggs and milk, mix everything together. Add the butter and knead until the dough is smooth and soft. Cover with a clean dish towel and let it rise for about 1 hour in a warm area, until doubled in size.
- Punch dough down and divide into 2 equal parts. Form them into balls. On a floured surface roll each part into a 16 to 17 inch round, using a rolling pin. With the back of a spoon, spread about 2 tbsp of very soft butter onto the dough round. Using a pastry wheel cutter cut the round into 16 triangles (like slicing a pizza).
- Start rolling each triangle into crescents, starting from the outside edge of the triangle. Once rolled, curve the edges and place on a greased baking tray with the tip tucked down and under the roll. Repeat rolling with the rest of the triangles. Let them rise for about 20 minutes. Melt additional 1 1/2 tbsp butter and brush the tops of the rolls with melted butter.
- Preheat the oven to 400F (200C). Bake for 14-18 minutes until puffed and golden brown. Let them cool on a wire rack few minutes before serving.