- Breakfast Muffins - Refined Sugar Free Muffins
- Kvæfjordkake - Norwegian Verdens Beste - World's Best Cake
- Baked Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donuts (no yeast, no eggs)
- No-Bake White Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake
- Easy Three Cheese Stuffed Shells
- Chocolate Milk Slice Cake - Kinder Chocolate Milk Slice
- No-bake Berry Lemon Yogurt Mousse Cake
- Eggless Chocolate Banana Cake
Melon Ice Cream
Watch the video for this recipe:
Melon ice cream is on my list of recipes for quite a long time. It is one of my husband and daughter's favorite ice cream so it was about time to make it at home.
I've tried various combinations for melon ice cream but this one is the winner. It is easy, quick and no ice cream machine needed. In no more than 15 minutes you can have a refreshing, flavorful and fruity ice cream. What can be a better reward for these summer days?
I have used Cantaloupe melon as I love it's orange colored pulp but if the color is not that important for you I think you can use any other melon you have around. The taste is amazing no matter the color I would say.
Hope you will try it and don't forget to let me know if you do. Have a nice summer time.
- Makes about 1 1/2 pounds ice cream 8 servings
- 1 pound (500 g) Cantaloupe melon pulp
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 1 cup (240g) whipping cream (35% fat)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Add the melon pulp into the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth.
Mix egg yolks with sugar and vanilla until thick, creamy and pale yellow colored. You can do that over a double boiler too.
In a separate bowl whip the whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Fold the cream through the egg yolks mixture.
Add melon puree and stir to combine.
Transfer in a covered storage container and place in the freezer.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Thaw ice cream 8 to 10 minutes at room temperature before serving.