No-Bake Strawberry Pie
Watch the video for this recipe:
No-Bake Strawberry Pie is an easy no-bake summer dessert, very light and flavorful that can be prepared in less than 30 minutes. If you like strawberries and Oreo cookies this pie is a perfect dessert for you.
The combination of the crispy Oreo crust and smooth strawberry filling is simply delicious. I really loved the texture of the strawberry pie filling as it holds its’ shape very well without being gelatinous. The slices strawberries also complements the texture of the pie and I highly recommend using them inside. Hope you will try it out, enjoy!
- Makes about 8-10 servings
- Oreo Crust
- 9 oz (250g) whole Oreo cookies
- 6 tbsp (80g) butter, melted
- Strawberry Filling
- 7 oz (200g) fresh strawberries
- 1 1/2 tsp (7g) gelatin powder
- 3 tbsp (45ml) cold water
- 1 1/4 cups (300g) whipping cream
- 2/3 cup (80g) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 3.5 oz (100g) fresh strawberries, halved and sliced
- Prepare the crust: Place Oreo cookies into the bowl of a food processor and blend until crumbs form. Add melted butter and pour over the crushed cookies. Process until evenly moistened. Press cookie mixture with the back of the spoon and your fingers where necessary, onto the bottom and sides of a round 8-9 inch (20-23 cm) pie pan. Refrigerate until you prepare the filling.
- Prepare strawberry filling. Puree the strawberries using a blender. Set aside.
- Dissolve gelatin in cold water and let it swell for about 5 to 10 minutes. Place the gelatin over low heat just until the gelatin dissolves and pour it over the strawberry puree and mix to combine.
- In a large bowl whip cream until thickened. Add vanilla and powdered sugar and continue whipping until stiff.
- Gently fold in the gelatin and strawberry puree mixture and incorporate sliced strawberries.
- Pour the strawberry filling over the crust and smooth the top.
- Refrigerate to set for few hours or overnight.
- Before serving decorate as desired with fresh strawberries and Oreo cookies. Enjoy!