Oven BBQ Chicken Wings
Watch the video for this recipe:
This is by far one of the best ways of preparing chicken wings. The spicy sweet sticky sauce is simply amazing and hard to resist.
You can always adjust the seasoning, use more or less spiciness depending if you serve this for kids or not. My daughters simply love them they and they are always appreciated every time I prepare them for gatherings. You can never go wrong with them.
You can serve them as an appetizer alongside a ranch dipping sauce or as a main dish alongside some good fresh salad, potato salad or coleslaw. Enjoy!
- Makes about 4 servings
- 1 1/4 pounds (1kg) chicken wings, tips removed
- 2 tbsp (30ml) oil
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- 1 tsp (3g) garlic powder
- 1 tsp (3g) smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp (2g) black pepper
- BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup (240g) barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup (80g) honey
- 2 tbsp (30g) ketchup or hot sauce (sriracha)
- Preheat oven to 425F (220C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place an oven rack on top.
- Place the chicken wings into a large bowl, add oil and toss to coat. In a small bowl combine salt with garlic powder, smoked paprika and black pepper. Add the mixture over the chicken wings and toss to coat evenly.
- Arrange the seasoned chicken wings on the rack in one layer.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes depending on their size, flipping once after the first 20 minutes.
- While the wings are baking prepare the sauce.
- Place the barbecue sauce with honey and hot sauce (your choice) into a small saucepan. Simmer over low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the wings form the oven and brush with barbecue sauce.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until glaze is glossy and caramelized.
- Garnish with green onion and serve with your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy.