- Oatmeal Lace Cookie Cups with Whipped Chocolate Ganache and Strawberry Jam
- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
- Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Chocolate Mocha Fault Line Cake with Chocolate Sail
- Crispy Onion Rings
- Croque en Bouche or Croquembouche
Watch the video for this recipe:
Spice things up at your Thanksgiving celebration with this jalapeño and sun-dried tomato cornbread. Studded with corn kernels, this corn bread turns out moist and fluffy and bursts with flavor.
This recipe is easy to make , comes together pretty quick and is sure to please your guests. Use a cast iron skillet to bake this quick bread and slice it up into wedges once it cools!
- Makes about 10-12 servings
- 1 cup (150g) cornmeal ( stone ground preferably )
- 1 cup (125g) all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp (45g) sugar
- 1 tsp (5g) salt
- 1/2 tsp (3g) baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp (6g) baking powder
- 1 cup (240ml) buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup (56g) butter, melted
- 3/4 cup (130g) sweet corn (fresh, thawed, or canned; drained well)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely diced
- 2 tbsp (20g) sun-dried tomatoes, finely diced
- 1/2 cup (50g) cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp (6g) fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp (14g) butter, for melting in the skillet
- Preheat the oven to 400 F(200 C).
- In a large bowl mix together corn flour, all purpose flour, salt, sugar, baking soda and baking powder.
- In the same bowl add corn, jalapeño pepper, cheese, cilantro and Sun-Dried tomatoes. Mix until evenly distributed.
- In a separate bowl combine all wet ingredients (make sure they are all at room temperature) : buttermilk, eggs and melted butter.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dried ingredients folding them in, being careful not to overmix - there can be a few lumps.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a 9-inch (23cm) cast iron or oven-proof skillet.
- Pour batter immediately into pan. Decorate with jalapeno slices and sun dried tomatoes if desired.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Serve warm.