If you like comforting cream soup I highly recommend trying this creamy Sweet Potato Soup especially if you like sweet potatoes . The soup is creamy, hearty comforting and really delicious. This Creamy Sweet Potato Soup is perfect for cold days but a great treat all year round as well.
Creamy Sweet Potato Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 3/4 cup celery root, chopped
- 1 red chili pepper
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 4 cups (1 liter) vegetable stock or water
- 3 large sweet potatoes (yams), peeled
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp fresh lovage leaves, chopped
- Heat oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat, and cook onion for about 5 minutes until soft. Add carrot, celery and garlic and saute for another 5 minutes.
- Add tomato, vegetable stock and chili pepper and bring to boil then lower to a simmer.
- Stir in the sweet potatoes and spices and cook until all vegetables are tender.
- Puree soup in blender until smooth and strain it through a sieve. Add salt and pepper.
- Pour the hot soup into warmed bowls and garnish with sour cream or yogurt. Serve with toasted bread or bread croutons.