This No-Bake Chocolate Hazelnut Praline Pie is a delightful dessert that is easy to make and sure to please both chocolate and hazelnut lovers. This pie has a crust made from crushed Oreo cookies blended with finely ground toasted hazelnuts. This crunchy base provides a perfect contrast to the smooth, creamy filling.
The heart of this pie is the velvety chocolate ganache mixed with a generous amount of hazelnut praline which adds a delightful flavor. The hazelnut praline is very easy to prepare at home. Simply prepare a caramel and pour it over the toasted hazelnuts. Wait until it sets, break it into pieces and process in a food processor until it turns into a paste.
The best part is that you don’t need to turn on the oven to make this pie. It is easy and quick to make, especially when you want a sweet treat without heating up the oven.
As you take your first bite, you’ll experience the satisfying snap of the crust, followed by the luxurious creaminess of the filling. The mix of chocolate and hazelnut tastes really good together, giving you a delightful treat.
With its heavenly blend of flavors and easy preparation, this No-Bake Chocolate Hazelnut Praline Pie is sure to become a cherished favorite in your repertoire of sweet delights. It is perfect for any occasion and is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
How to make this Chocolate Hazelnut Praline Pie
To create this delectable Chocolate Hazelnut Praline Pie, start by greasing an 8-inch (20cm) pie or tart pan with butter.
Next, prepare the crust by processing the toasted hazelnuts in a food processor until finely ground. Add in Oreo cookies and continue processing until crumbs form. Incorporate melted butter and a pinch of salt, and process until the mixture is evenly moistened. Press the mixture into the pan using the back of a spoon and your fingers where needed, then refrigerate while you move on to the filling.
For the hazelnut praline, arrange the toasted hazelnuts on a parchment paper-lined baking tray. Heat sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until it turns golden brown. Pour this caramel over the toasted hazelnuts and let it cool completely. Break the praline into smaller pieces, then grind it in a food processor until it forms a thick paste, about 10 minutes. This will yield approximately ⅔ cup (160g) of hazelnut praline.
For the chocolate hazelnut praline filling, place chocolate and cream in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Melt them together over low heat, then remove from heat and add vanilla extract and a touch of salt. Mix until combined, then add the hazelnut praline and mix again. Pour this luscious filling over the prepared crust.
Refrigerate the pie for 4-6 hours to allow it to set. When ready to serve, decorate it with toasted hazelnuts and a sprinkle of flaky sea salt.
Treat yourself and your loved ones to this exquisite Chocolate Hazelnut Praline Pie. Make sure to share the photos with me on Instagram if you do. Would love to see how it turns out for you. Enjoy!
Other chocolate hazelnut desserts you may like to try
This Chocolate Hazelnut Praline Spread is a delectable fusion of rich chocolate and nutty hazelnut, perfect for spreading, dipping, or simply savoring by the spoonful.
This Ferrero Rocher Mousse Cake sounds, looks, and tastes incredible. It is made of a chocolate hazelnut sponge cake at the bottom topped with an amazing crunchy hazelnut streusel, covered in a silky smooth Nutella mousse, and topped with chocolate glaze.
Explore the heavenly layers of fluffy bread oozing with irresistible Nutella. Our Nutella Pull Apart Bread is a delightful treat for any occasion.
This baked Nutella Cheesecake is an amazing dessert perfect for various occasions, a velvety, chocolatey indulgence that’s sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
No-Bake S’mores Tart
No-Bake Strawberry Chocolate Tart
Chocolate Salted Caramel Tart
No-Bake Chocolate Raspberry Pie
Ricotta Banana Blueberry Pie
No-Bake White Chocolate Raspberry Pie
No-bake Chocolate Pecan Pie with Meringue Topping
Chocolate Pecan Pie
No-Bake Strawberry Pie
Nutella Banana Hand Pies
Easy Key Lime Pie
Mixed Berry Pie
Lavender Honey Custard Tart
Earl Grey and Dried Plum Chocolate Tart
Cranberry White Chocolate Tart
Easy Almond Apple Tart
Lemon Meringue Tart
Strawberry Basil Panna Cotta Tart
Apricot Frangipane Tart
Chocolate Tart – Tarte au Chocolat
No-Bake Chocolate Hazelnut Praline Pie
Oreo Hazelnut Crust
- 7 oz (200g) Oreo cookies
- 1/4 cup (60g) butter , melted
- 1/4 cup (40g) toasted hazelnuts
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
For Hazelnut Praline – makes 2/3 cup (160g) paste
- 3.5 oz (100g) toasted hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup (70g) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15ml) water
Chocolate Hazelnut Praline Filling
- 7 oz (200g) semisweet chocolate
- 7 oz (200g) whipping cream
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup (160g) hazelnut praline
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- toasted hazelnuts
- flaky sea salt
Prepare the crust.
- Grease with butter an 8-inch (20cm) pie or tart pan.
- If your hazelnuts are raw, toast them in the oven or stovetop before going further with the recipe. For this, preheat the oven to 300F (150C). Place the nuts on a baking sheet and let them toast for 15 minutes. You can also toast them in a skillet, over medium heat, and keep stirring until fragrant.
- Place the hazelnuts for the crust into the bowl of a food processor. Process until ground.
- Add Oreo cookies and continue to process until crumbs form. Add melted butter and salt and process until evenly moistened.
- Press the mixture with the back of the spoon and your fingers where necessary, into the bottom and edges of the pan. Refrigerate until you prepare the filling.
Prepare the hazelnut praline.
- Place the toasted hazelnuts into a parchment paper-lined baking tray.
- In a small saucepan heat sugar and water over medium-high heat until it turns golden brown. Pour the caramel over toasted hazelnuts and let cool completely. Break the praline into smaller pieces.
- Grind in a food processor until it gets into a thick paste, for about 10 minutes. You will get ⅔ cup (160g) of hazelnut praline. Set aside.
Prepare the chocolate hazelnut praline filling.
- Place chocolate and cream in a heatproof bowl and place over a pan with simmering water. Melt over low heat.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla extract and salt. Mix to combine.
- Add the hazelnut praline and mix to combine.
- Pour the chocolate hazelnut filling over the crust.
- Refrigerate for 4-6 hours to set.
- Decorate with toasted hazelnuts and flaky sea salt before serving. Enjoy!