This White Chocolate Raspberry Crepe Cake is one of the most delicious ways of serving crepes, a decadent dessert made with about 25 crepes topped one upon the other, filled with homemade raspberry and white chocolate cream cheese fillings.
As raspberries are in season now I chose to make this crepe cake with a raspberry filling but feel free to use any other berries or fruits to create a different impressive crepe cake each time.
Cherry and Cream Cheese Crepes
White Chocolate Raspberry Crepe Cake
- 4 eggs
- 4 tbsp (60g) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- 2 tsp (10g) vanilla extract
- 2 cups (480ml) milk
- 3 ½ cups (440g) all-purpose flour
- 6 tbsp (80g) oil
- 2 cups (480ml) sparkling mineral water
- 12 oz (350g) raspberries , fresh or frozen
- 1/3 cup (70g) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30ml) lemon juice
- 2 tsp (4g) cornstarch
White Chocolate Filling
- 5.5 oz (150) white chocolate , small pieces
- 1/4 cup (60g) whipping cream
- 10 oz (300g) cream cheese , room temperature
- 3 tbsp (24g) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup (360g) whipping cream (35% fat) , chilled
- Prepare the crepes. In a large bowl, mix together the eggs with sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Stir in milk, add flour and mix well. Add the oil and mineral water and whisk until smooth.
- Heat a medium nonstick pan over medium heat. Sprinkle a teaspoon of vegetable oil or butter. Pour a small ladle of batter in the middle of the pan and with a circular move spread the batter to the edges of the pan.
- Cook the crepe until the bottom is light brown. Flip over and cook the other side until light brown. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Cool crepes completely.
- Prepare the raspberry filling. In a small saucepan, add raspberries, sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice.Place over medium-high heat and bring to boil. Simmer, stirring constantly for about 10 minutes until reduced and thick. Sieve the sauce to remove seeds and set aside to cool completely until ready to use.
- Prepare the white chocolate filling. Place white chocolate and ¼ cup cream into a heatproof bowl and place over a pan with simmering water. Melt over low heat.
- In a large bowl mix cream cheese until smooth. Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract and mix to combine. Mix in melted chocolate and set aside.
- In another bowl mix whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the whipped cream into the white chocolate and cream cheese mixture.
- Assemble the crepe cake. Place in your serving platter the first crepe.
- Spread with about 2 tsp of raspberry filling. Top with another crepe and spread about ¼ cup white chocolate and cream cheese filling.
- Repeat the process until all crepes are used, alternating the two fillings. I’ve used about 25-27 crepes.
- Refrigerate the crepe cake for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Top the cake with the leftover white chocolate filling, decorate with fresh raspberries mint leaves and dust with powdered sugar if desired.
- Refrigerate the leftovers.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
What exactly does the sparkling mineral water do? Does change flavor? Also the texture? Want to try this, but I have never heard of oil or mineral water in a crepe.
Seems like a lot of liquid, are these hard to turn?
No,not hard at all.. just make sure you heat your pan well, preferably a non stick one. Add a ladle at a time, when you see it is dry carefully flip the crepe.