Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
Homemade Cheese Sticks
Posted on December 9, 2011
Life is good. Cheese makes it better. There should be no holiday table without any cheese involved. Try this great cheese sticks recipe for a perfect snack or as a holiday appetizer.
30 mins+1 hr rise
1 hr 50 mins
- 100 g butter
- 1 egg
- 50 ml oil
- 50 ml milk
- 25 g fresh yeast
- 50 g cheese, grated
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp wheat bran, optional
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 egg
- Grated cheese
- In a large bowl mix butter with egg and oil. Dissolve yeast in milk and add to butter mixture. Add flour, wheat bran, sugar, salt and cheese and knead until the dough is smooth and pulls away from the side of the bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour, to let the yeast develop.
- Preheat the oven to 180C (350F).
- Split the dough in 2 pieces, roll out each piece on the back of 2 baking trays. Cut the edges to be straight.
- Beat egg and brush over dough. Sprinkle with grated cheese and using a dough cutter cut in long sticks. Bake for about 20 minutes until golden-brown.
Nutrition facts All Cheese Sticks - Calories:2943, Fat:158.5 g, Saturated Fat:72.0 g, Unsaturated Fat:0.1 g, Carbohydrates:307.2 g, Sugar:8.8 g, Fiber:17.7 g, Protein:75.2 g, Cholesterol:644 mg, Calories from Fat 1426, Sodium 1206mg, Vitamin A 71%, Calcium 57%, Vitamin C 0%, Iron 134%, Nutrition Grade B-, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.