Mini Tarts with Chicken
Mini tarts with chicken are an appetizers I make pretty often for various occasions or parties. Every time they are really appreciated, therefore I want to share the recipe with you.
Nice and small, delicious mini tarts, full of flavor, makes a perfect appetizer. You can replace chicken with mushrooms, it will be as good in case you want a vegetarian dish.
- Makes 12 mini tarts
- Crust (pate brisee)
- 125 g butter, cut into chunks
- 250 g flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 1/2 chicken breast, cut in small pieces
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- fresh basil, chopped, to taste
- 3 tbsp frozen corn kernels
- 1 tomato, to garnish
- Prepare the crust. Mix flour with salt. Incorporate butter to the flour, using your hands or using a pastry processor, until crumbs are formed. Add the egg and incorporate until the dough is homogeneous. Knead the dough and form a ball from it. Wrap it with plastic and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 180 Celsius (356 F). In a large frying pan heat oil over medium high heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes until soft. Add chicken breast and cook until the meat has lost its raw color. Stir in paprika, corn kernels and basil, cook for 1 minute. Add salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangular shape and cut small circles to fit the mini tart molds. Press dough into tart molds without stretching it. Punch the bottoms with a fork.
- Fill mini tarts with chicken mixture, garnish with tomato slices and bake for 25-30 minutes. Serve warm or cold.