Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
Mini Tarts with Chicken
Nice and small, delicious mini tarts and full of flavor. Perfect as appetizer. You can replace chicken with mushrooms, it will be as good.
- Makes 12 mini tarts
- Crust (pate brisee)
- 125 g butter, cut into chunks
- 250 g flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 1/2 chicken breast, cut in small pieces
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- fresh basil, chopped, to taste
- 3 tbsp frozen corn kernels
- 1 tomato, to garnish
- Prepare the crust. Mix flour with salt. Incorporate butter to the flour, using your hands or using a pastry processor, until crumbs are formed. Add the egg and incorporate until the dough is homogeneous. Knead the dough and form a ball from it. Wrap it with plastic and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 180 Celsius (356 F). In a large frying pan heat oil over medium high heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes until soft. Add chicken breast and cook until the meat has lost its raw color. Stir in paprika, corn kernels and basil, cook for 1 minute. Add salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangular shape and cut small circles to fit the mini tart molds. Press dough into tart molds without stretching it. Punch the bottoms with a fork.
- Fill mini tarts with chicken mixture, garnish with tomato slices and bake for 25-30 minutes. Serve warm or cold.
Nutrition facts 1 Mini Tart - Calories:186, Fat:10.4, Saturated Fat:5.7 g, Carbohydrates:17.8 g, Sugar:0.9 g, Fiber:0.9 g, Protein:5.2 g, Cholesterol:44 mg, Calories from Fat 94, Sodium 122mg, Vitamin A 8%, Calcium 1%, Vitamin C 3%, Iron 7%, Nutrition Grade C+, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.