Celery Root Salad is a delicious, healthy and refreshing salad that is very easy to prepare. Can be served as appetizer alongside some tortilla chips, crunchy sliced fruits like apples or pears, with crackers or why not as a side dish alongside meat.
This salad is often served at holiday tables and the best part is that it can be made at least one day in advance before serving without loosing its’ fresh taste.
Celery Root Salad
- 1 lb celery root - quartered , peeled
- 2 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2,3 garlic cloves
- salt to taste
- Apple slices - for serving
- In a medium pan bring water to boil. Add the celery root to water and cook until tender. Remove the celery from water and set aside to cool.
- Transfer the celery root to the bowl of a food processor. Add egg yolks, oil, garlic and salt and process until smooth. Transfer the salad to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with fresh slices of apples.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
Yum! That sounds a lot like hummus without all the carbohydrates! Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT day!