This Mediterranean Summer Pasta Salad is a really flavorful summer salad perfect for family or friend gatherings. As everybody loves pasta, this fresh salad will definitely be a crowd pleaser.
You can serve this Pasta Salad as a main dish or alongside any meat. The salad is simply delicious and very easy to prepare. Once you prepare it you can serve it immediately or you can make it in advance to let the flavors blend even more. This Pasta Salad is also a great choice to bring to any barbecue gathering.
For this salad you simply need some fresh vegetables like cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, red pepper, onion and avocado. Black olives or green olives bring a delightful flavor too, so don’t let them out if possible. For pasta salads I usually like to add some fresh greens like baby spinach but feel free to add any other mix of fresh greens you like best. The feta cheese is always a great addition to this salad but again, feel free to add your favorite cheese.
All these fresh vegetables and greens are tossed with al dente cooked pasta and a flavorful homemade lemony dressing. As for the pasta I like to use bow-tie pasta (farfalle) but penne or fusilli pasta will work as good. All of these types of pasta are catching the dressing really well, so use the ones you have around.
If you haven’t tried a pasta salad so far you must definitely give this Mediterranean Summer Pasta Salad a try this summer. It is always appreciated every time I prepare it. Enjoy!
Mediterranean Summer Pasta Salad
- 1 pound (500g) bow-tie pasta (farfalle)
- 3.5 oz (100g) baby spinach leaves , washed and dried
- 10 oz (300g) cherry tomatoes , cut into halves or quarters
- 7 oz (200g) cucumber , sliced in quarters
- 2 medium red peppers , sliced
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 red onion , cut into thin slices
- 6 oz (170g) black olives , pitted, drained and sliced
- 7 oz (200g) feta cheese , diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup (110g) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30ml) lemon juice
- 3 tbsp (45ml) red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp (5g) mustard
- 1 tbsp (15g) sugar
- 2-3 tbsp fresh parsley , finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp (5g) salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta to the al dente stage in salted water according to package instructions. Drain the pasta and rinse under cold water.
- Prepare the Salad Dressing. In a medium bowl add the olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, mustard, sugar, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper and whisk well to combine. Set aside until ready to use.
- Add the pasta into a large salad bowl. Add the spinach leaves, cucumber, red pepper, cherry tomatoes, black olives, avocado and red onion.
- Add the feta cheese and the dressing and toss until well combined. Add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve immediately and refrigerate the leftovers. Enjoy!