This Chocolate Magic Custard cake is a delectable dessert that is sure to impress your guests. This cake is known for its magical ability to separate into three distinct layers while baking, creating a creamy custard layer sandwiched between a dense cake layer and a light and fluffy sponge layer on top. For the vanilla version check the Magic Custard Cake recipe.
To serve the Chocolate Magic Custard Cake, you can top it with whipped cream and fresh berries, which will complement the intense chocolate flavor perfectly. This dessert is perfect for Valentine’s Day or any other special occasion, and is sure to impress your friends and family.
How to make Chocolate Magic Custard Cake
First, preheat the oven to 340F (170C) and prepare an 8×8 inch (20x20cm) pan by greasing and lining it with parchment paper. Next, separate the egg whites from the yolks and mix the yolks with sugar and vanilla extract until the mixture becomes creamy and pale yellow in color. Add melted butter and mix until incorporated, then sift in flour and cocoa powder and continue mixing. Add milk to the mixture and mix until homogeneous.
In a separate bowl, whip the whites with salt until foamy, then add sugar and continue whipping until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the whites into the milk and yolk mixture, then pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 40-45 minutes. After baking, let the cake cool completely in the pan and refrigerate for a couple of hours or overnight to set. Finally, trim the edges and cut the cake into bars, then top with whipped cream and strawberry slices or dust with powdered sugar.
If you’re looking for a dessert that is both elegant and delicious, the Chocolate Magic Custard Cake is definitely worth trying. With its unique presentation and intense chocolate flavor, it is sure to become a favorite among your loved ones. So why not give it a try today and see for yourself just how amazing this cake can be? If you do, don’t forget to share the photos with me on Instagram, would love to see how this turns out for you.
Other similar recipes you may like to try
Another chocolate dessert that has truly captured my heart is the Chocolate Eclair Cake. This delectable pastry is made by combining chocolate choux pastry with a creamy chocolate filling, creating a texture and flavor that is simply irresistible.
This Chocolate Japanese Cheesecake is totally irresistible, light, fluffy, and chocolaty, with a moist texture resembling a souffle.
If you like chocolate silky desserts you must try this Chocolate Cheesecake Flan. It is an elegant dessert, combining chocolate and caramel in a flan form.
Chocolate Magic Custard Cake
- 4 eggs , separated
- 1/2 cup (113g) butter , melted
- 2/3 cup (135g) sugar
- 2 tsp (10g) vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (90g) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (40g) cocoa powder
- 2 cups (500 ml) milk
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- 2 tbsp (30g) sugar , for egg whites
- sweetened whipped cream
- fresh strawberry slices
- Preheat the oven to 340F (170C). Grease and line a 8×8 inch (20x20cm) pan with parchment paper.
- Separate egg whites from yolks.
- Mix egg yolks with sugar and vanilla extract until creamy and pale yellow colored. Add melted butter and mix to incorporate. Sift flour and cocoa powder and mix to combine. Add milk and continue mixing on low speed until homogenous.
- In another bowl whip the whites with salt until foamy. Add the 2 tablespoons of sugar and continue whipping until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the whites into the milk and yolks mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Let it cool completely in the pan and refrigerate to set for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Trim the edges and cut the cake into bars. Top the bars with whipped cream and strawberry slices or simply dust with powdered sugar. Enjoy!