This Almond Apple Tart is one of the easiest apple tarts you can ever prepare, vert comforting and totally delightful. The tart consists of a pate sablee crust coated with apricot jam and filled with thinly sliced apples and almond flakes. Serve while still a bit warm with salted caramel sauce, whipped cream or ice cream.
How to make Almond Apple Tart.
For the crust, I chose to make a pate sablee dough which is really easy to prepare, richer in flavor and sweeter than pate brisee and is always a good choice for fruit tarts. For pate sablee you will need room-temperature ingredients. Mix butter and powdered sugar until creamy, incorporate egg and finally add ground almonds and flour. Refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes before rolling for the crust.
Once the dough is chilled, roll it into a circle larger in diameter than your tart pan. Press the dough onto the bottom and edges of the tart pan and freeze until you prepare the apple filling.
What makes this recipe really easy is that you don’t have to peel the apples. Simply cut around the core and get 4 pieces, each with a flat side. Cut each piece into thin slices while holding the shape of each piece.
Coat the crust with apricot jam and top with apple slices while fanning slightly. Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon on top, add some butter cubes and spread almond flakes on top for a beautiful presentation and texture.
Bake until the crust gets golden and the apples are tender. Let it cool slightly and serve with your favorite topping. My first choice for this apple tart is the homemade caramel sauce. Whipped cream or ice cream are also great choices alongside.
Other apple tart recipes you may like.
If you like apple recipes you may also like this leaf-decorated Apple Pie, a great dessert perfect for celebrating the fall season. This Tarte Tatin is also a comforting French apple dessert that you may like to try. Apples are caramelized in a caramel sauce, topped with a buttery crust and baked until crispy.
I really hope you will try this amazing Almond Apple Tart and enjoy it as much as we did!
Easy Almond Apple Tart
- 1/2 cup (110g) unsalted butter , softened
- 1/4 cup (30g) powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 ¼ cup (160g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (50g) ground almonds
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
For coating the crust
- 2 tbsp (30g) apricot jam
- 2-3 medium apples
- 1 ½ tbsp (22g) sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp (22g) butter
- salted caramel sauce
- whipped cream
- ice cream
Prepare the pâte sablée crust.
- In a large bowl, mix butter with powdered sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Add egg and continue mixing until well combined and creamy.
- Gradually incorporate the ground almonds and flour.
- Make sure you don’t overwork the dough.
- Wrap the dough with plastic wrap, shape it into a disc and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Roll the dough between two pieces of parchment paper or plastic wrap until it's about 12 in (30cm) in diameter.
- Press the dough onto the bottom and edges of a 8 or 9 inch (23cm) tart pan. Cut the excess dough.
- Refrigerate or freeze for about 30 minutes before baking.
Prepare the apple filling.
- Meanwhile, leave the apples with their skin on and cut them around the core and get 4 pieces for each apple (each piece with a flat side). Cut each piece into thin slices, holding the shape of each piece.
- Remove the crust from the freezer and prick the dough with a fork.
- Spread the apricot jam evenly.
- Arrange the apple slices over the apricot jam, while fanning the slices slightly.
- Sprinkle the apple with sugar and cinnamon. Add butter cubes on top of the apples. Spread some almond flakes.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the crust is golden and the apples are tender. If the crust browns too fast cover with aluminum foil.
- Serve while still a bit warm with salted caramel sauce, whipped cream or ice cream. Enjoy!