This Eggless Fruit Cake is a delicious and easy cake recipe! I’ve been receiving requests for an eggless cake recipe for some time now, and I’m excited to finally share this delicious and moist vanilla sponge cake with you.
Filled with a variety of fresh summer fruits, including cherries and peaches in this version, this cake is perfect for making the most of the season’s bounty. But you can also try it with other fruits like berries, apricots, plums, or nectarines to create a different dessert every time.
What sets this Eggless Fruit Cake apart is the crumble topping, which adds a lovely crunch and texture to every bite. The recipe is straightforward and easy to follow, so you can enjoy a tasty dessert in no time at all.
How to make eggless fruit cake
To start, in a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
In a large bowl, mix together oil and sugar until well combined. Add in yogurt, buttermilk, vanilla extract, and vinegar, and mix until combined. Gradually mix in the flour mixture, being careful not to overmix.
Toss your choice of fruit (such as berries or chopped stone fruit) with a tablespoon of flour, then gently fold the fruit into the batter using a spatula. Pour the batter into your prepared pan.
In a separate medium bowl, combine sugar, flour, and oil to make the crumb topping. Spread the topping evenly over the cake batter.
Bake the cake at 350 F (180C) for 50-60 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Once done, cool the cake on a wire rack and dust with powdered sugar before serving.
This Eggless Fruit Cake is perfect for serving at summer gatherings, potlucks, or just as a sweet treat for yourself and your family. I can attest that my family and I absolutely loved this Eggless Fruit Cake, and I hope you will too. Give it a try and let me know what you think. Make sure to share the photos with me on Instagram. Would love to see your take on it. Enjoy!
Other eggless recipes you may like to try
If you’re a fan of both bananas and chocolate, this Eggless Chocolate Banana Cake is a must-try recipe! It’s a moist and decadent cake that’s bursting with banana flavor and rich chocolatey goodness. This cake is perfect for serving at gatherings, as it’s sure to please any crowd.
These No-Yeast Eggless Strawberry Rolls with Lemon Cream Cheese Icing are a great summer treat that everybody will adore. They look simply amazing and totally irresistible. The recipe is really easy and quick, and doesn’t require yeast or eggs.
This Berry Lemon Yogurt Mousse Cake is a perfect treat for summer days. This cake is very refreshing and flavorful, smooth and light with a great combination of textures. The cake consists of a crispy cookie lemon crust, topped with a lemon yogurt mousse, a berry jelly, followed with a berry yogurt mousse and decorated with fresh berries.
Eggless Fruit Cake
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp (8g) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- 1/2 tsp (3g) baking soda
- 1/2 cup (110g) vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup (150g) sugar
- 1 cup (240g) Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup (120ml) buttermilk
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla extract
- 1 tsp (5ml) white vinegar
- 14 oz (400g) summer fruit mix (I used cherries and peaches) , cut in small pieces
- 1 tbsp (10g) flour
- 3 tbsp (45g) sugar
- 1/4 cup (30g) all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tbsp (20g) vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Grease a 8 inch (20cm) pan and line with parchment paper.
Prepare the cake batter.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl mix oil with sugar until combined. Add yogurt, buttermilk, vanilla extract and vinegar. Mix to combine.
- Gradually mix in flour mixture. Don’t overmix.
- In a bowl toss the fruits with 1 tablespoon flour. Using a spatula, gently fold the fruits into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
Prepare crumb topping.
- In a medium bowl combine sugar with flour and oil.
- Spread the crumbs on top of the cake.
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool the cake on a wire rack.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving. Enjoy!