Now that spring is finally here, it feels so good to be able to spend some time outdoors and turn on the grill and prepare this amazing Grilled Salmon.
I must say that I am not very passionate about salmon in general, but when cooked this way it is hard to resist. I think it was the best grilled salmon I’ve ever eaten. This brown sugar glaze is a perfect marinade with a great balance between the salty soy sauce and the sweetness of the brown sugar and is also enriched with garlic and lemon flavor.. mmmm .. what better way to celebrate spring?
This salmon can be served alongside rice, fresh steamed or grilled veggies or roasted potatoes. It will definitely impress your family and friends. Enjoy!
- 1 ½ pounds salmon fillet
- 4 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Season salmon all over with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl create the marinade by mixing soy sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice, garlic and olive oil, until the sugar is completely dissolved. Coat salmon with the soy sauce mixture, place it in a large casserole dish and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, turning the salmon once.
- Preheat grill for cooking over medium heat.
- Lightly oil the grill rack. Place salmon on the preheated grill and cook the salmon for about 8 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Remove from grill and serve immediately.Serve along rice, fresh steamed or grilled veggies or roasted potatoes.