- Chocolate Norwegian Cake - Chocolate Verdens Beste
- Breakfast Muffins - Refined Sugar Free Muffins
- Kvæfjordkake - Norwegian Verdens Beste - World's Best Cake
- Baked Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donuts (no yeast, no eggs)
- No-Bake White Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake
- Easy Three Cheese Stuffed Shells
- Chocolate Milk Slice Cake - Kinder Chocolate Milk Slice
- No-bake Berry Lemon Yogurt Mousse Cake
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Watch the video for this recipe:
Chicken Cordon Bleu is an amazing and delightful way of preparing chicken for lunch or dinner. The chicken is pounded until thin, filled with ham and melting cheese, rolled, dipped in egg and coated in panko breadcrumbs and then baked or fried until crispy and golden brown. It’s really not complicated at all, goes pretty fast and it’s absolutely delicious with that melted cheese inside. If you’re not already familiar with this will definitely become a family favorite.
Chicken Cordon Bleu is best served alongside a fresh salad, with some more cheese if desired in form of a cheese sauce, or with your favorite side dish. Enjoy!
- Makes about 4 servings
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, about (7 oz-200g) each
- 4-6 slices Swiss cheese about (4 oz -120 g)
- 4-6 ham slices (about 4 oz -120g)
- 4 tsp (20g) dijon mustard
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup (60g) flour
- 1 cup (100g) panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 tsp (1g) garlic powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the chicken breasts in half lengthwise. Using a flat head mallet, pound each slice between sheets of plastic wrap to ¼ inch (6 mm) thickness, working from the center to the edges.
- Remove the top sheet of plastic and season each slice with salt and freshly ground ground pepper. Spread a teaspoon of dijon mustard on each. Add a slice or two of ham (depending on their size) and finish with cheese slices.
- Roll the chicken as tight as you can using the plastic sheet from the bottom. Refrigerate the rolled chicken for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare three large plates, one with flour, one with beaten egg and one with breadcrumb and garlic mixture.
- Working one at a time, dredge cutlets in flour, then dip in egg and coat with breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil into a frying pan over medium heat.
- Place about one or two chicken rolls at a time and fry for about 5 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve alongside a fresh salad or your favorite side dish.