This chocolate cake is simply amazing.The top a little crunchy and interior is soft, melting in your mouth... absolutely divine. :) It's almost a flourless cake, the recipe requires very few amount of flour which makes it so soft.
I made this recipe by using the one for lava cakes but changed it a bit to make a larger cake than individual ones. Baked it a little longer than lava cakes as I didn't want to be runny and turned into this irresistible cake.
Every time I make this chocolate cake everybody loves it. It is rich, chocolaty and buttery. What else can you ask from a chocolate dessert?
- Makes about 8-10 servings
- 4 eggs
- 8 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200 g butter
- 150 g dark chocolate
- Butter 10-inch(26 cm) springform pan(with a removable base), and dust with flour.
- Melt chocolate and butter over a bain-marie until smooth. Meanwhile beat the eggs with sugar using a mixer until thick and light yellow. Mix in flour then add the melted chocolate and vanilla extract and stir well. Pour mixture into the prepared pan.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Bake for 20 minutes until set. Run a sharp knife completely around the inside edge of the pan. Let cool slightly before serving.
- Can be served with ice cream or whipped cream.