Gâteau Moelleux au chocolat – French Chocolate Cake is a rich and moist chocolate cake that satisfies the cravings of any chocolate lover. This delectable cake is similar to molten lava cakes in terms of ingredients and preparation, with the only difference being that it is made in a large pan and baked for a little longer, resulting in a completely moist and melting texture that is simply divine.
To elevate the presentation of this delicious cake, an easy yet impressive decoration technique has been used. The cake is adorned with wavy paper strips that are carefully placed on top of the cake, and powdered sugar is then dusted over the strips. The result is a stunning, visually appealing cake that is sure to impress guests and family members alike.
This easy-to-follow recipe is perfect for home bakers who are looking to add a touch of elegance and indulgence to their dessert repertoire. Once you have tried this mouthwatering cake, it is sure to become a family favorite and a go-to recipe for special occasions or whenever you are in need of a sweet treat.
How to make Gâteau Moelleux au chocolat – French Chocolate Cake
To prepare this delicious cake, begin by preheating the oven to 350F (180C). Take a 9-inch (23cm) pan, grease it with butter, and line it with parchment paper.
Next, melt the chocolate and butter together over a bain-marie until they form a smooth mixture. Allow it to cool down to room temperature.
In the meantime, take the eggs and sugar, and beat them vigorously with a whisk or mixer until they become thick and turn a light yellow color. Incorporate the vanilla extract into the mixture.
Once the chocolate has cooled, add it to the beaten eggs and sugar, and thoroughly combine the ingredients.
Using a spatula, gently fold in the sifted flour until it is well incorporated. Pour the resulting mixture into the prepared pan.
Place the pan in the oven and bake for approximately 25 minutes, or until the cake sets. Once baked, use a sharp knife to run along the inside edge of the pan, ensuring the cake doesn’t stick. Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes, then invert it onto a serving plate. Let it cool completely.
For an elegant finishing touch, dust powdered sugar on top of the cake. You can serve it immediately. To enhance the cake’s appearance, consider using paper strips as decorations. You can either utilize the provided template or create your own.
So why wait? Gather the ingredients and get started on creating your very own Moelleux au Chocolat Gâteau, and get ready to indulge in a rich, moist, and utterly delicious chocolate cake that is sure to delight your taste buds and satisfy your sweet tooth. If you do, make sure to share the photos with me on Instagram. Would love to see how it turns out for you. Enjoy!
Other similar recipes you may like to try
Indulge in the rich decadence of Chocolate Lava Cake – a melt-in-your-mouth dessert with a warm, gooey center. Perfectly baked to perfection, this heavenly treat will satisfy your chocolate cravings and leave you craving for more.
This Flourless Chocolate Decadence Cake is a rich and moist chocolatey cake, a chocolate heaven for all chocolate lovers out there. The cake consists of a mousse-like texture chocolate cake that simply melts in your mouth. It has a beautiful decoration in a flower pattern using a silky chocolate ganache.
Torta Caprese is a dense, moist flourless chocolate cake enriched with ground almonds that bring a great flavor and texture. Also as no flour is used makes this dessert a perfect choice for those in search of gluten-free desserts.
Gâteau Moelleux au chocolat - French Chocolate Cake
- 4 eggs
- 7 oz (200g) semisweet chocolate
- 2/3 cup (150g) unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup (135g) sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (60g) all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Grease with butter a 9 inch (23cm) pan and line with parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate and butter over a bain-marie until smooth. Let cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile beat the eggs with sugar and salt using a whisk or mixer until thick and light yellow. Mix in vanilla extract.
- Add melted chocolate and mix until well combined.
- Using a spatula fold in sifted flour. Pour mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until set. Run a sharp knife completely around the inside edge of the pan. Let cool for 10 minutes and invert onto serving plate. Let cool completely.
- Dust powdered sugar on top, and serve immediately. Paper strips can be used to decorate the cake for a ore impressive look. You can use the template I've made or make your own.
- Serve as it is or with whipped cream, ice cream or berries. Enjoy!