Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
- Easy Blueberry Muffins
- Easy Homemade Bread - 4 Ingredient Bread
- Irish Shepherd’s Pie
- Tortilla de Patatas - Spanish Omelette - Tortilla Española
- Oatmeal Lace Cookie Cups with Whipped Chocolate Ganache and Strawberry Jam
- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
Peach Galette +VIDEO
Posted on July 23, 2012
Watch the video for this recipe:
This peach galette was probably the best dessert I served recently. I love the rustic look of the galette and the fresh yellow peaches along the flaky crust were amazingly delicious.
Not only it looks good and tastes heavenly it is also very easy to make, you don't need a tart pan, just roll the dough and add the fresh fruits tossed with butter, sugar and corn starch.
You can make this dessert using any other fruits like apples, plums, apricots and add walnuts or almonds and spices like cinnamon or vanilla.
This peach galette will always remain in my memory as this is the first recipe I chose for my first cooking video. You can see the video here. We are going to make many others too so I hope you enjoy our first video.
30 mins + chilling
- Makes about 4 servings
- 1 1/4 cup (160g) flour
- 1 stick (110g) cold unsalted butter, cut into small (1/2-inch) cubes, chilled up to an hour in the freezer
- 1 1/2 tsp (7g) sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- 4 to 6 Tbsp (60-90ml) ice water
- 2 or 3 yellow peaches
- 1/4 cup (50g) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30g) butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tsp (6g) corn starch
- sugar, for garnish
- Prepare the crust. Sift the flour and mix flour with salt and sugar. Incorporate butter to the flour, using a pastry blender, a fork or a pastry processor, until crumbs are formed. Slowly add the water and stir until the water is incorporated. Wrap it with plastic, knead slowly to form a disc and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Slice the peaches and place them in a bowl. Mix sugar with cornstarch and add over the peach slices. Add butter and toss gently to coat.
- Using the wrap plastic at the base, roll the dough to about a 13 inch diameter. Lift up the rolled dough and place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Arrange the peach slices in overlapping circles starting one and a half inch from the edge. Fold the edges of the dough over the filling and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for about 40 45 minutes, remove from the oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes. Cut and serve with vanilla ice cream.
Nutrition facts 1 Serving - Calories:470, Fat:29.2 g, Saturated Fat:18.2 g, Carbohydrates:48.7 g, Sugar:17.3 g, Fiber:1.8 g, Protein:4.8 g, Cholesterol:76 mg, Calories from Fat 263, Sodium 352 mg, Vitamin A 21%, Vitamin C 5%, Calcium 2%, Iron 11%, Nutrition Grade C-, Daily Percent Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.