These Tahini Chocolate Bars are a delicious and nutritious snack that combines the rich, decadent flavor of chocolate with the nutty goodness of tahini. Tahini is a paste made from ground sesame seeds, which is a staple ingredient in Middle Eastern and Mediterranean cuisines. It is a good source of protein, healthy fats, and minerals like iron, calcium, and magnesium.
Chocolate and sesame are a very good match, the tahini paste and the browned butter add a very subtle nutty flavor, which makes these bars a real treat! The bars have a crunchy texture and a lightly sweet, spiced flavor that goes perfectly alongside a cup of tea or coffee.
How to make Tahini Chocolate Bars
These bars are easy and quick to prepare. Start by making the browned butter. In a saucepan, over medium-low heat, melt all the butter, whisking frequently. Continue to cook the butter for about 5-8 minutes, until it turns golden brown. Foam will subside and milk solids will form on the bottom of the pan. It will smell buttery and nutty. Immediately remove the pan from the heat and sieve the melted butter into a heatproof bowl to stop the cooking process.
Preheat the oven to 350F (180C), and line with parchment paper an 8-inch (20 cm) square baking pan.
In a bowl, mix together the tahini paste, brown sugar, and browned butter. Add in the egg and the egg yolk, and mix well until incorporated. Then add in all the dry ingredients and mix until combined. At the end add in the chocolate chips. Bake for about 25 minutes, until golden. Leave to cool completely.
Use a sharp knife tocut it into squares.
These Tahini Chocolate Bars are a fantastic option for anyone looking for an easy, healthy, and satisfying snack. They are addictively delicious and if you haven’t tried them before, now may be the time! Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram if you try them out and enjoy!
Other chocolate bar recipes you may like to try.
These Healthy No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Bars are another great snack rich in nutrients that are perfect for a midday pick-me-up. These No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars are addictive and a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth. Another great snack that we love is these Healthy No-Bake Brownies that are easy to prepare, refined sugar-free and gluten-free, chocolatey and nutty perfect for a healthy snack throughout the day.
Tahini Chocolate Bars
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp (125g) butter
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp (4.5g) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- 1/4 cup (60g) Tahini paste
- 1 cup (200g) brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp (3g) cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp (2g) cardamom powder
- 4 oz (120g) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (60g) toasted sesame seeds
Prepare the browned butter.
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, completely melt the butter, whisking frequently.
- Continue to cook the butter for about 5-8 minutes, until it will turn golden brown and milk solids will form on the bottom of the pan. It should smell very nutty.
- Immediately remove the pan from the heat, sieve the melted butter, and put it into a heatproof bowl to stop the cooking. Now it is ready to use.
Prepare the tahini chocolate bars.
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Line an 8-inch (20cm) square pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cardamom, and toasted sesame seeds. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, mix together the tahini paste, the brown sugar, and the browned butter, for about 5 minutes.
- Add the egg and the egg yolk over the wet mixture and stir until combined.
- Add in the flour mixture, and mix to combine.
- Fold in the chocolate chip.
- Put it into the prepared pan and bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Leave to cool, then cut it into squares using a sharp knife. Enjoy!