This Cream Cheese Banana Bread is one of the most comforting breads you can ever make. If you like banana bread you should definitely try this cream cheese banana bread recipe. Its moist, flavorful crumb and silky cream cheese filling makes it simply irresistible.
How to make cream cheese banana bread.
The recipe for this banana bread is really easy and quick to prepare. First, you need to have about 2 medium ripe bananas that you can simply mash with a fork.
For the banana cake batter, you don’t need special utensils, a whisk and a bowl are just enough. Mix egg with both white and brown sugar, add butter, vegetable oil, sour cream and vanilla. Mix in banana puree and incorporate dry ingredients. It is really quick and ready in a matter of minutes. For the banana batter, I like to use both butter and oil for this recipe. The oil for extra moisture and butter for its great flavor.
Once the banana batter is prepared, quickly mix the cream cheese filling ingredients. Pout about two-thirds of the banana batter into a parchment paper-lined loaf pan. Add the cream cheese filling and cover with the remaining banana batter. Swirl with a knife.
At this point, if you like, you can add walnuts or pecans on top of the cake to add more texture and flavor.
Bake the cake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let it cool before slicing it.
If you like banana desserts you may also like this Banana Coconut Bread. If you like the banana and chocolate combination you may also like this Chocolate Banana Bread or Eggless Chocolate Banana Cake.
Hope you will give this amazing Cream Cheese Banana Bread a try and let me know how it turned out for you. Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram if you do and enjoy!
Cream Cheese Banana Bread
- 1½ cup (190g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp (2g) baking soda
- 1½ tsp (6g) baking powder
- 1 tsp (3g) cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup (70g) sugar
- 1/3 cup (70g) brown sugar
- 3 tbsp (40g) melted butter
- 3 tbsp (40g) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (60g) sour cream
- 7 oz (200g) banana puree , from about 2 ripe bananas
For the Cream Cheese Filling
- 7 oz (200g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp (30g) sugar
- 1 tbsp (10g) flour
- 1/2 tsp (3g) vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 340°F (170°C).
- Lightly grease a 8½ x 4½-inch (21x 11 cm -1 liter capacity) loaf pan and line with parchment paper.
- Place the bananas in a medium bowl and mash with a fork.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, using a whisk or an electric hand mixer, cream together the egg with both sugars, butter and oil. Add sour cream and vanilla extract and mix until well incorporated.
- Mix in the mashed bananas.
- Gently incorporate the flour mixture. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the cream cheese, with egg, sugar, vanilla extract and flour.
- Pour about two-thirds of the banana batter into the prepared loaf pan. Add the cream cheese mixture and cover with the remaining cake batter. Use a knife to create swirls.
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. If the bread browns too fast, cover with aluminum foil and continue baking.
- Let bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes, and then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.