- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
- Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Chocolate Mocha Fault Line Cake with Chocolate Sail
- Crispy Onion Rings
- Croque en Bouche or Croquembouche
- Spinach and Shiitake Mushroom Stuffing
Butter Cookies (Pastisetas)
Watch the video for this recipe:
Is there anyone who doesn’t enjoy butter cookies? You definitely need to try this version of butter cookies as you will probably change your mind. These cookies are soft inside, almost melting in your mouth, with a bit of crispy texture on the outside, buttery and rich. They are great alongside morning tea or coffee or simply as a snack.
The recipe is slightly different from other butter cookie recipes, as the batter is creamy and able to be piped. You need to work as quickly as you can as the batter can harden and makes the piping more difficult. You can make different shapes, and depending on the cookie size the baking time may vary as well.
These beautiful butter cookies are definitely one of the best butter cookies I’ve made so far, totally addictive and really delicious.
- Makes about 60 cookies
- 9 oz (250g) butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (60g) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 2 cups (250g) flour
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place butter in a bowl and use a hand mixer to mix until creamy. Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract and continue mixing for another 12 minutes until the mixture becomes white and creamy.
- Using a spatula incorporate flour into the butter mixture until completely combined.
- Transfer the batter into a piping bag fitted with a 1M (½ inch-1 cm) star tip.
- Form cookies on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the base begins to brown.
- Let the cookies cool completely on a cooling rack before serving.