Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
- Easy Sourdough Bread
- Sourdough Starter from Scratch
- Easy Blueberry Muffins
- Easy Homemade Bread - 4 Ingredient Bread
- Irish Shepherd’s Pie
- Tortilla de Patatas - Spanish Omelette - Tortilla Española
- Oatmeal Lace Cookie Cups with Whipped Chocolate Ganache and Strawberry Jam
- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
Posted on November 14, 2013
Watch the video for this recipe:
Quick and easy recipe for one of the most savory muffins, fluffy, cheesy in the inside, with a great crispy top, makes them perfect near a good fresh salad or soup.
You can add some herbs, onion or bacon if you prefer and serve them warm for breakfast or simply take them with you if you are in a rush. These cheese muffins are also perfect for a picnic treat in the summer days.
As this recipe for cheese muffins is so easy to put together kids can be involved in the process of making, they love them too and make a good alternative to their lunch boxes.
- Makes 12 muffins
- 1 1/2 cups (190g) flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups (200g) grated cheese (cheddar is good)
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (120 g) yogurt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup (60g) butter, melted
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Paprika and grated cheese to sprinkle on top
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Butter and dust with flour a muffin tray or line with paper cups.
- In a bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients, flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Stir in the cheese and black pepper.
- In another bowl mix the yogurt with milk, egg and melted butter.
- Fold the liquid into the flour mixture.
- Spoon mixture into the muffin cups. Sprinkle paprika and grated cheese on tops.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
Nutrition facts 1 Muffin - Calories:189, Fat:10.9 g, Saturated Fat:6.8 g, Carbohydrates:14.9 g , Sugar:2.4 g, Protein:7.7 g, Cholesterol:45 mg, Calories from Fat 98, Sodium 259mg, Vitamin A 7%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 21%, Iron 6% Nutrition Grade C+, Daily Percent Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.