Gâteau Moelleux au chocolat - French Chocolate Cake
Watch the video for this recipe:
Moelleux au Chocolat Gateau is a rich moist chocolate cake, a true delight for all chocolate lovers out there. The steps and ingredients are similar to molten lava cakes, the only difference is that this is made in a large pan instead of using small individual ones and baked for a bit more time. The interior is not runny anymore .. but completely moist and melting in your mouth.
I wanted to decorate this cake with an easy but impressive look, so I cut some wavy paper strips, put them on top of the cake and dusted powdered sugar on top. Carefully removed each strip and the result is simply wonderful. Hope you will enjoy this easy chocolate cake, I’m sure it will turn into a family favorite. Enjoy!
- Makes about 8-10 servings
- 4 eggs
- 7 oz (200g) semisweet chocolate
- 2/3 cup (150g) unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup (135g) sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (60g) all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Grease with butter a 9 inch (23cm) pan and line with parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate and butter over a bain-marie until smooth. Let cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile beat the eggs with sugar and salt using a whisk or mixer until thick and light yellow. Mix in vanilla extract.
- Add melted chocolate and mix until well combined.
- Using a spatula fold in sifted flour. Pour mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until set. Run a sharp knife completely around the inside edge of the pan. Let cool for 10 minutes and invert onto serving plate. Let cool completely.
- Dust powdered sugar on top, and serve immediately. Paper strips can be used to decorate the cake for a ore impressive look. You can use the template I've made or make your own.
- Serve as it is or with whipped cream, ice cream or berries. Enjoy!