- Chocolate Norwegian Cake - Chocolate Verdens Beste
- Breakfast Muffins - Refined Sugar Free Muffins
- Kvæfjordkake - Norwegian Verdens Beste - World's Best Cake
- Baked Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donuts (no yeast, no eggs)
- No-Bake White Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake
- Easy Three Cheese Stuffed Shells
- Chocolate Milk Slice Cake - Kinder Chocolate Milk Slice
- No-bake Berry Lemon Yogurt Mousse Cake
Oven Grilled Fish
Fish is one of my family's favorite type of meat, we cook with fish more than twice a week. It's light, healthy, full of vitamins and minerals, and omega-3 fatty acids. My daughters enjoy fish meals, especially when served with sour cream and garlic sauce or with my homemade lemon sauce.
We usually like fresh waters fish, like trout, zander or bass, but we cook salmon and other types of fish as well. This method is one of the easiest, for whenever grilling outside is not possible this oven method is healthy, quick and delicious.
We like to make some scores into the surface of the fish so all the good flavors combine. You can do that for either a whole fish or fish fillet.
These days we bought a wild captured zander, one of our favorites, as the meat is very firm, white, the flavor is very delicate and the bones are easy to remove. If zander is not available in your area use this method presented here for any other type of firm fish. It will work as well.
- Makes 2 servings
- 1 pound fish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ground lemongrass, optional
- herbs, like thyme, oregano, optional
- 1 tbsp olive oil or butter
- For Serving
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- lemon sauce or lemon slices
Score the surface of the fish with a sharp knife in 3 or 4 places, to help the flavors penetrate better. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, lemongrass and herbs if used, on all the sides of the fish as well in the inside. Place them into a bowl, cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450 F (230 C), grill function.
Place the fish over the rack of the oven and place the rack on a baking tray lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil, so all the grease can drip there. Sprinkle a little butter or vegetable oil over the fish. Place in the preheated oven.
- Let the fish cook for about 20-30 minutes or until the skin is crispy and a bit golden. Make sure you keep an eye on it as you don't want to let it burn.
- Meanwhile prepare the sour cream mixture, by combining sour cream with minced garlic and salt.
- Remove the fish form the oven and serve with the sour cream mixture, some lemon sauce or simply some lemon slices alongside you favorite side dish.