Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
- Breakfast Muffins - Refined Sugar Free Muffins
- Kvæfjordkake - Norwegian Verdens Beste - World's Best Cake
- Baked Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donuts (no yeast, no eggs)
- No-Bake White Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake
- Easy Three Cheese Stuffed Shells
- Chocolate Milk Slice Cake - Kinder Chocolate Milk Slice
- No-bake Berry Lemon Yogurt Mousse Cake
- Eggless Chocolate Banana Cake
Rice with Chickpea and Tagliatelle
Posted on May 13, 2011
One of the best and flavorful ways to cook rice. Perfect for dinner tables or party tables.
20 mins +1 hr for chickpeas
- Makes about 4-5 servings
- 1 cup rice
- 3/4 cup chickpeas
- 50 g tagliatelle, small pieces
- 220 ml water
- 1 red pepper
- 1 chili pepper
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp dry basil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp fresh lovage, chopped
- Wash chickpeas and put them in cold water for 6-12 hrs. Boil them for about 1 hour separately.
- In a frying pan cook coriander and cumin seeds and crush them using a grinding mortar.
- In a large frying pan heat oil over medium high heat. Add the tagliatelle and cook while stiring until brown. Add water, red pepper,salt, pepper and seasonings and simmer until pastas are done and the water has evaporated.
- Meanwhile boil the rice in vegetable stock. When done add drained chickpeas and rice to tagliatelle, add fresh lovage, stir and serve along a fresh salad.
Nutrition facts 1 Serving - Calories: Vitamin A 16%, Calcium 5%, Vitamin C 53%, Iron 21%, Nutrition Grade A, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. , Fat:2.6 g, Carbohydrates:57.7 g, Sugar:4.3 g, Fiber:6.4 g, Protein:9.0 g, Cholesterol:0 mg, Calories from Fat 23, Sodium 20mg, Vitamin A 16%, Calcium 5%, Vitamin C 53%, Iron 21%, Nutrition Grade A, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.