Shrimp Spaghetti is one of our favorite choices for lunch or dinner. It is quick, flavorful and delicious.
I simply love the combination between the vegetables, a good amount of garlic, spicy chili pepper, lemon zest flavor and oregano. All these with buttery shrimps and drizzled over al-dente spaghetti. Simply amazing. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
- 200 g spaghetti
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4-5 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 carrot grated
- 1 small red chili pepper
- 6 black olives seeded and sliced
- 1 lemon grated zest
- 1 lemon juice
- 150 ml water
- 100 ml white wine
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp butter
- 300 g frozen shelled deveined shrimp, thawed
- In a large frying pan heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook onion and garlic, for about 5 minutes until golden. Add carrot and bell pepper and cook for another 5 minutes or until soft. Add the white wine and allow to evaporate. Add water, olives and chili pepper.Cover and let it simmer stirring now and then until all vegetables are tender. Remove chili pepper when the sauce is spicy enough. Add lemon zest and juice, oregano and salt.
- Meanwhile in a medium frying pan melt butter over medium high heat. Stir in the shrimp and cook 3 to 5 minutes. When sauce almost done stir in the shrimp and simmer another 2 3 minutes.
- When the sauce is almost ready, in a big pot of salted boiling water, cook spaghetti al dente. Drain and drizzle with olive oil.
- You can add spaghetti to the sauce and mix well or serve the sauce over the pasta.