Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
Nectarine Yogurt Popsicles
Posted on July 23, 2013
This summer I decided that the only way of ice cream that will be served in our house will be homemade and as much as possible in this form of fruit and yogurt popsicles. So easy to prepare, takes only few minutes, and they are really amazingly delicious and healthy too as no sugar is added.
The good news is that children love them and this is such a good way to make them eat more fruits. You can even involve the children in the process of making the popsicles, they will be pleased.
You can make these different each time, use any other seasonal fruits, berries, apricots, peaches, bananas, cherries, anything that goes well with yogurt.
So simple and refreshing, these flavorful frozen treats are definitely a good choice for hot summer days.
- Makes about 6 popsicles
- 1 cup nectarine puree (about 3 ripe nectarines)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- Peel the nectarines and place them in the bowl of the blender. Add 1 tbsp of honey and puree until smooth.
- Separately mix yogurt with 1 tbsp of honey.
- Pour nectarine puree and yogurt mix into popsicle molds in alternating layers, and with a skewer swirl mixtures together in up and down motion.
- Add sticks and freeze for 4-6 hours or until frozen.
- Unmold when frozen and enjoy!
Nutrition facts 1 Serving - Calories:82, Fat:o.7 g, Carbohydrates:16.1 g, Sugar:14.2 g, Fiber:1.2 g, Protein:3.1 g, Cholesterol:2 mg, Calories from Fat 7, Sodium 29 mg, Vitamin A 5%, Vitamin C 7%, Calcium 8%, Iron 1%,Nutrition Grade A, Daily Percent Values areb based on a 2000 calorie diet.