This rice with Chickpeas and Tagliatelle is one of the best and flavorful ways to cook rice. It is perfect for dinner tables or why not party tables.
The tagliatelle are fried until brown and then boiled until tender. The combination is really interesting and flavorful so hope you will give it a try.
Rice with Chickpeas and Tagliatelle
- 1 cup rice
- 3/4 cup chickpeas
- 50 g tagliatelle , small pieces
- 220 ml water
- 1 red pepper
- 1 chili pepper
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp dry basil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp fresh lovage , chopped
- Wash chickpeas and put them in cold water for 6-12 hrs. Boil them for about 1 hour separately.
- In a frying pan cook coriander and cumin seeds and crush them using a grinding mortar.
- In a large frying pan heat oil over medium high heat. Add the tagliatelle and cook while stiring until brown. Add water, red pepper,salt, pepper and seasonings and simmer until pastas are done and the water has evaporated.
- Meanwhile boil the rice in vegetable stock. When done add drained chickpeas and rice to tagliatelle, add fresh lovage, stir and serve along a fresh salad.