Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
Cauliflower Cream Soup
A very flavorful cream soup. One of the best way to cook cauliflower. Served with bread croutons and cheese makes it just perfect.
- Makes about 6 servings
- 1 head cauliflower- cut into small flowerets
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1/4 cup celery root, diced
- 1 potato, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 600 ml vegetable stock
- 500 ml milk
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100 g cheese- cut in 1/2 inch cubes, to serve
- Heat oil in a stock pot over medium-high heat, and cook onion for about 5 minutes. Add carrot, celery and garlic and saute for another 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable soup, cauliflower and potato and bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until all vegetables are very tender.
- Add milk and bring to boil.
- Puree soup with a stick blender or food processor until smooth and strain it through a sieve. Add salt and pepper.
- Pour the hot soup into warmed bowls and garnish with cheese pieces. Serve with toasted bread or bread croutons.
Nutrition facts 1 Serving - Calories:167, Fat:7.5 g, Saturated Fat:4.6 g, Unsaturated Fat:0.0 g, Carbohydrates:16.7 g, Sugar:8.1 g, Fiber:3.1 g, Protein:9.4 g, Cholesterol:24 mg, Calories from Fat 67, Sodium 218mg, Vitamin A 41%, Calcium 25%, Vitamin C 49%, Iron 4%, Nutrition Grade A-, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.