Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
Chocolate Pumpkin Bundt Cake
Posted on November 7, 2011
Fabulous rich pumpkin cake suitable for autumn days and Thanksgiving dinner table. The pumpkin and spices bring a special flavor to the cake and the walnuts that are a little crunchy gives a nice texture to it.
1 hr 10 mins
1 hr 25 mins
- Makes about 10 servings
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups freshly baked pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cacao powder
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup big grounded walnuts
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Grease and flour a Bundt pan and set aside. Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- In a large bowl, whisk the 3 eggs with sugar until well blended. Add pumpkin, oil and mix well. Stir in cacao powder, flour, baking powder and spices. Add walnuts and stir.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared pan and bake about 70 – 75 minutes until set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan over a wire rack for 5-10 minutes. Invert cake onto a serving plate and let cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Nutrition facts 1 Serving - Calories:478, Fat:22.8 g, Saturated Fat:4.6 g, Unsaturated Fat:0.0 g, Carbohydrates:67.7 g, Sugar:46.8 g, Fiber:4.2 g, Protein:6.7 g, Cholesterol:56 mg, Calories from Fat 205, Sodium 23 mg, Vitamin A 154%, Calcium 11%, Vitamin C 4%, Iron 15%, Nutrition Grade B-, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.