Introducing the Almond and Coconut Cake – Raffaello Cake, a true culinary masterpiece inspired by the delightful Raffaello truffles. These truffles offer a delightful combination of creamy milk filling, encasing almonds, and enveloped in a crispy wafer and shredded coconut.
Indulge in the delicate and refined creation of this exceptional cake, composed of a luscious almond sponge base. Its captivating layers are generously filled with a blend of white chocolate, Mascarpone, and coconut, adding an irresistible touch. Adorned with Raffaello Truffles, chopped almonds, white chocolate curls, and shredded coconut, this cake is a visual and sensory delight.
Immerse yourself in its remarkable texture and divine flavor, striking the perfect balance between sweetness and moisture. This achievement is owed to the exceptional white chocolate frosting and the infusion of coconut milk, carefully soaked into each layer of the cake. The delicate notes of almond and coconut are destined to capture your heart from the very first bite.
How to make Almond Coconut Cake – Raffaello Cake
To prepare the almond sponge cake, separate the egg whites from the yolks. Mix the whites with salt until they become foamy. Gradually add sugar while continuing to whip until stiff peaks form. In a separate small bowl, combine the egg yolks with almond extract and fold them into the whipped whites. Gradually add ground almonds and flour, carefully incorporating them into the batter. Pour the batter into a 90inch (23cm) pan.
Bake the cake for 40-45 minutes at 340F (170C), or until it turns a light golden color. Allow it to cool completely on a rack.
While the cake is cooling, prepare the frosting. Place chocolate and coconut milk in a heatproof bowl and melt them together over a pan of simmering water. In a large bowl, mix Mascarpone cheese until smooth. Add the melted chocolate and combine thoroughly. In another large bowl, whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Incorporate powdered sugar and coconut extract into the whipped cream. Gradually fold the whipped cream into the white chocolate mixture, then fold in the shredded coconut. Cover the frosting and refrigerate it until you are ready to use it.
How to assemble the cake
To assemble the cake, divide the sponge cake into three layers. Place one layer on a serving plate. Spread 1/3 cup (80g) of coconut milk evenly over the layer, followed by slightly less than one-third of the frosting. Repeat this process with the second layer of cake. Add the third layer and spread the remaining 1/3 cup (80g) of coconut milk over it. Finally, spread the remaining frosting on the top and sides of the cake. Sprinkle shredded coconut on the top and sides of the cake and refrigerate it until you are ready to serve.
For the finishing touch, decorate the cake with Raffaello truffles, white chocolate curls, and chopped almonds according to your preference.
Don’t hesitate to experience this crowd-pleaser for yourself. Give it a try, and prepare to be captivated by its undeniable allure. If you do, make sure to share the photos with me on Instagram. Enjoy!
Other coconut desserts you may like to try
Experience a harmonious blend of flavors with our Raspberry Coconut Mousse Cake. The cake consists of a coconut sponge cake at the bottom, with coconut, white chocolate and almonds crunch, a coconut mousse with fresh raspberries inserted and raspberry jelly on top. The combination of flavors and textures in this cake is absolutely delightful and makes such a refreshing dessert for summer.
Indulge in the heavenly delight of our Coconut Macarons. These delicate French confections feature a crispy outer shell that gives way to a soft and chewy center infused with the tropical essence of coconut. Each bite offers a perfect balance of sweetness and texture, making them a delightful treat for coconut lovers and macaron enthusiasts alike.
This Bounty Mousse Cake is one of the most delicious cakes I have ever made. If you like coconut and chocolate combination you should definitely give this recipe a try. This dessert is very delicate, and smooth with an intense coconut flavor, simply melting in your mouth. A brownie layer at the bottom followed by a creamy coconut mousse that is topped with chocolate glaze.
Try our easy to make Raffaello Truffles. You need simple ingredients like cream, coconut and white chocolate and your favorite nuts like almonds or hazelnuts.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Red Velvet Cake
Chocolate Rose Cake
Raspberry Vanilla Cake
Coconut White Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Chocolate Coconut Brownies
Pineapple Coconut Banana Smoothie
Banana and Coconut Bread
White Coconut Fudge
Coconut Mango Ice Cream
Chocolate Coconut Buche de Noel
Gingerbread Coconut Christmas Cake
Coconut Cream Tart
No-Bake Chocolate Biscuit Roll with Coconut Filling
Almond Coconut Cake (Raffaello cake)
Almond Sponge Cake
- 6 large eggs , room temperature
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 1 cup (100g) ground almonds
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5g) almond extract
White Chocolate Coconut Frosting
- 7 oz (200g) white chocolate
- 3 tbsp (45g) canned coconut milk
- 9 oz (250g) Mascarpone cheese , room temperature
- 2 cups (500g) whipping cream , 35%fat
- 1/4 cup (30g) powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup (40g) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp (5g) coconut extract
Assembling and decorating
- 1 cup (240g) canned coconut milk
- unsweetened shredded coconut
- Chopped almonds , optional
- Raffaello truffles , optional
- White chocolate curls , optional
- Preheat oven to 340F (170C). Grease and line bottom and sides of a 9 inch (23 cm) pan with parchment paper.
Prepare the almond sponge cake.
- Separate egg whites from yolks. Add a pinch of salt over the whites and start mixing until foamy. Gradually add sugar and continue whipping until stiff peaks form.
- In a small bowl mix egg yolks with almond extract and fold them into the whipped whites.
- Gradually add ground almonds and flour and carefully incorporate into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until lightly golden.
- Let it cool for about 10-15 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on a rack.
Meanwhile prepare the frosting.
- Place chocolate and coconut milk in a heatproof bowl and let it melt over a pan with simmering water.
- In a large bowl mix Mascarpone cheese until smooth. Add melted chocolate and mix until combined.
- In another large bowl whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Incorporate powdered sugar and coconut extract.
- Gradually incorporate whipped cream into the white chocolate mixture. Fold in the shredded coconut. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Assemble the cake.
- Divide the sponge cake in 3 layers. Place one cake layer on your serving plate.
- Spread 1/3 cup (80g) coconut milk over the cake layer. Spread evenly with a bit less than a third of frosting. Repeat with the second layer of cake. Add the third layer of cake and spread with the last 1/3 cup (80g) of coconut milk. Spread the remaining frosting on top and sides of the cake.
- Sprinkle shredded coconut on the top and sides of the cake and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Decorate as desired, I’ve used Raffaello truffles, white chocolate curls and chopped almonds.