Here is an easy recipe for Homemade Tortillas. I don’t know how many of you have ever read the ingredients on tortillas pack. The ones I saw had a lot of ingredients with weird names, a lot of preservatives and who know what else as I didn’t understand.
Anytime I feel tempted to buy a pack I just flip it over and read the ingredients, and then put it back on the shelf.
It is so easy to make homemade flour tortillas that I see no reason why I should use the store-bought ones.
You can use tortillas in so many ways, like this quick and delicious snack with tuna, or use it in preparing appetizers like these tortilla pinwheels or Quesadilla like this healthy Broccoli Quesadillas I have made.
You have to try these homemade flour tortillas, there is no comparison.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Homemade Cheese Piadinas
No-Yeast Breakfast Pizza
Yogurt Cheese Flatbreads
Eggless Savory Scones
Easy Homemade Bread – 4 Ingredient Bread
Pita Bread Chips
Twisted Pumpkin Bagels
Easy Burger Buns
Homemade Tortillas with Tuna Filling
- Baby Spinach Leaves to taste
- 3 cups (375g) flour
- 1/3 cup (70ml) oil
- 1 tsp (4g) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5g) salt
- 3/4 cup (180ml) warm water
- 14 oz (400 g) Tuna Chunks
- Frozen Corn Kernels to taste
- Mayonnaise (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mix flour with salt and baking powder. Add oil and warm water to the flour mixture. Mix everything together using your hands, knead until smooth and pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Cut into 10-12 equal pieces. With a rolling pin, roll out each one to a circle about 9in (23cm) in diameter and 3/4in (1.5-2 mm) thick. they need to be really thin almost transparent.
- Preheat a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. You don't need to add any oil or butter. Cook the tortilla on both sides until the dough get brown spots all over the tortilla, that will only take few seconds. Must be very careful and work rapidly as they cook really fast. Don't over cook so the tortilla remain soft and able to be rolled. Once finished, the tortillas are ready to serve.
- Fill each tortilla with the filling ingredients all the way out to the edges. Roll each tortilla and enjoy as delicious snack or can be cut into 1/2" slices and served as an appetizer.
- To store let them cool completely and place them in a zipper bag and refrigerate up to 5 days. You can also freeze them in plastic freezer bag but make sure to place parchment paper between tortillas to make sure they do not stick.