These Pistachio Raspberry Mini Eclairs are delightful pastries that combine the irresistible flavors of pistachios and tangy raspberries into a bite-sized treat.
These fancy treats feature delicate choux pastry shells filled with creamy pistachio cream and homemade raspberry jam. They are finished with a drizzle of melted white chocolate and topped with chopped pistachios and fresh raspberry halves. These mini eclairs are a perfect treat for any occasion, offering a delightful combination of flavors that will leave you wanting more.
The smooth and creamy pistachio cream takes the spotlight, offering a rich and nutty flavor that is pure indulgence. The cream melts in your mouth, leaving a delightful pistachio taste that will satisfy your sweet tooth.
The tangy raspberry jam adds a burst of flavor and the vibrant red color complements the green pistachio cream. The sweet and tart raspberry flavors perfectly balance the nuttiness of the pistachio, creating a harmonious blend of tastes.
How to make Pistachio Raspberry Mini Eclairs
Start by making the pistachio pastry cream filling, then make the raspberry homemade jam and continue with the choux pastry shells.
How to make the pistachio pastry cream
To prepare the pistachio pastry cream, start by placing the pistachios in the bowl of a food processor. Add powdered sugar and salt, then process for about 5 minutes until a thick paste forms. Gradually incorporate ⅔ cup (160ml) of milk and continue processing until well combined.
In a separate medium bowl, mix the egg yolks with sugar and salt. Add cornstarch and flour, and stir to combine. Gradually add the pistachio milk mixture to the egg yolk mixture, whisking as you go. Set the mixture aside while you heat the remaining milk.
In a medium saucepan, bring the rest of the milk (1 ⅓ cup – 320ml) to a boil. Remove from heat, and gradually pour some of the hot milk over the egg yolk mixture while whisking. Then, pour the egg yolk mixture back into the saucepan with the remaining hot milk, whisking constantly.
Place the saucepan over medium heat and cook the mixture, stirring constantly, until it thickens (approximately 3 minutes). Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract and almond extract. Cover the surface of the cream directly with plastic wrap and let it cool completely.
How to prepare the raspberry jam filling
To prepare the raspberry jam filling, combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring them to a boil. Let the mixture simmer over low heat for 7-8 minutes, then remove from the stove and let it cool completely.
How to prepare the choux pastry
For the choux pastry, sift the flour. In a saucepan, bring the milk, water, sugar, salt, and butter to a boil. Remove from heat and add the flour all at once, vigorously stirring with a wooden spoon or spatula until the mixture is well combined.
Return the saucepan to low heat and cook the batter while stirring for 1-2 minutes to remove moisture and until it pulls away from the sides of the pan. Transfer the batter to a large bowl and let it cool slightly. Gradually add the eggs one at a time, carefully incorporating each one into the batter using a wooden spoon, spatula, or mixer. The resulting batter should be smooth and homogenous while still holding its shape.
Fit a pastry bag with a large ½ inch (1 cm) star tip and pipe the batter into 2 ¾-inch (7cm) strips on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in a preheated oven for 30-35 minutes until the eclairs are browned and puffed. Use a skewer to prick the eclairs to release the steam.
How to assemble the pistachio raspberry mini eclairs
Once cooled, use a skewer to make small holes on the bottom of each eclair shell. Fill each eclair with the prepared pistachio pastry cream, then repeat the process with the raspberry jam.
Melt the white chocolate using a bain-marie. Using a spoon, drizzle the melted chocolate over the eclairs, then decorate them with fresh raspberry halves and pistachios.
Whether you’re treating yourself or impressing your guests, these Pistachio Raspberry Mini Eclairs are a true delight. Hope you will give them a try and make sure to share the photos with me on Instagram if you do. Enjoy!
Other choux pastry recipes you may like to try
Discover the delightful Paris-Brest, a classic French pastry known for its circular shape. This delectable dessert features a light and airy choux pastry, generously filled with a smooth and creamy praline-flavored cream.
These Vanilla Eclairs are delicate choux pastry shells filled with smooth vanilla custard and topped with chocolate glaze. They are simply heavenly and will leave you craving for more.
These Choux au Craquelin – Crispy Cream Puffs are light and airy choux pastry filled with la delightful vanilla cream, topped with a thin, crispy layer of sweet craquelin.
This Profiterole Cake is an impressive cake you can prepare for any occasion. It consists of a moist cocoa brownie at the bottom, topped with chocolate mousse and cream cheese frosting filled profiteroles.
For other choux pastry recipes check our collection of 10 Choux Pastry Recipes.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Vanilla Raspberry Mini Eclairs
Cheese Puffs – Gougeres
Croque en Bouche
Chocolate Cream Puffs
Vanilla Eclair Cake
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Raspberry Vanilla Panna Cotta
Pistachio Raspberry Lime Mousse Cake
Pistachio Strawberry Macaron Cake
Chocolate Raspberry Mousse Domes
Mango Raspberry Mousse Cake
Raspberry Macarons – Italian Meringue
Pistachio Raspberry Mini Eclairs
Pistachio Pastry Cream
For the Pistachio Paste
- 1 cup (100g) unsalted pistachios , raw or toasted
- 1 tbsp (8g) powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- 2/3 cup (160ml) milk
For the Pastry Cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 1/4 cup (30g) flour
- 2 tbsp (16g) cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- 1 ⅓ cup (320ml) milk
- 1/2 tsp (3g) vanilla extract
- 1 tsp (5g) almond extract
- 9 oz (250g) raspberries , fresh or frozen
- 1/3 cup (70g) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15g) lemon juice
- 2 tsp (6g) cornstarch
- 1 cup (125g) bread flour
- 3.5 fl. oz. (100ml) milk
- 3.5 fl. oz. (100ml) water
- 2 tsp (10g) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (1g) salt
- 5 ½ tbsp (80g) unsalted butter
- 4 medium eggs
- 3 oz (90g) white chocolate , melted
- fresh raspberries
- chopped pistachios
Prepare the pistachio pastry cream.
- Place the pistachios into the bowl of a food processor. Add powdered sugar and salt and process for about 5 minutes until it gets into a thick paste.
- Gradually incorporate ⅔ cup (160ml) and process to combine.
- In a medium bowl mix the egg yolks with sugar and salt. Add cornstarch and flour and mix to combine. Gradually add the pistachio milk mixture over the egg yolk mixture and whisk to combine. Set aside while you heat the rest of the milk.
- In a medium-sized saucepan bring the rest of the milk (1 ⅓ cup -320ml) to a boil.
- Remove from heat and gradually add some hot milk over the egg yolk mixture. Pour it over the remaining hot milk, whisking the whole time.
- Place it over medium heat and cook, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens, for about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract and almond extract.
- Place plastic wrap directly on the surface of the pudding and let it cool completely.
Prepare the raspberry jam filling.
- In a saucepan bring to a boil all the ingredients and let them simmer at low heat for 7-8 minutes.
- Remove from the stove and let cool completely.
Prepare the choux pastry.
- Sift the flour. In a saucepan bring the milk, water, sugar, salt and butter to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add flour all at once and incorporate mixing energetically with a wooden spoon or spatula until homogenous.
- Return the saucepan over low heat and while stirring cook for 1 minute or two to pull out the moisture from the batter and until it pulls away from the sides of the pan. You will see some of the dough sticks to the bottom of the pan.
- Transfer batter to a large bowl and allow to cool slightly. Add the eggs one at a time, carefully incorporating each into the batter using a wooden spoon, spatula or mixer. It will result in a smooth, homogenous batter that still holds its shape.
- Fit a pastry bag with a large ½ inch (1cm) star tip and pipe the dough into 2 ¾-inch (7cm) strips on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until browned and puffed.
- Prick each with a skewer to release steam and allow to cool on a wire rack.
Assemble the mini eclairs
- When cooled, use the skewer to make small holes on the bottom of the eclair shell.
- Fill each eclair with the pistachio pastry cream.
- Repeat with the raspberry jam.
- Melt the white chocolate over a bain-marie.
- Using a spoon, sprinkle the chocolate all over the eclairs, then decorate with fresh raspberry halves and pistachios. Enjoy!