- Breakfast Muffins - Refined Sugar Free Muffins
- Kvæfjordkake - Norwegian Verdens Beste - World's Best Cake
- Baked Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donuts (no yeast, no eggs)
- No-Bake White Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake
- Easy Three Cheese Stuffed Shells
- Chocolate Milk Slice Cake - Kinder Chocolate Milk Slice
- No-bake Berry Lemon Yogurt Mousse Cake
- Eggless Chocolate Banana Cake
Chocolate Swiss Roll
Watch the video for this recipe:
This Chocolate Swiss Roll is a rich, chocolaty and decadent dessert, a rewarding treat for chocolate lovers. A chocolate sponge cake is filled with a chocolate mousse filling and drizzled with chocolate ganache on top. It is simply heavenly delicious.
You can always make variations to this Swiss roll, like changing the filling, adding different flavor combinations like coffee, peanut butter or fruits.
- Makes about 12 servings
- Sponge Cake
- 1/2 cup (63g) flour
- 1/4 cup (30g) cocoa powder
- 1 tsp (4g) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2g) salt
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup (135g) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (1g) instant coffee
- 2 tbsp (28g) oil
- 5 oz (150g) semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup (120g) whipping cream
- 1 cup (240g) whipping cream, chilled
- For decoration
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- 1 oz (30g) semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 tbsp (30g) whipping cream
- Prepare the cake. Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Butter a 12X16 inch (30x40 cm) baking tray and line it with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl whisk flour with cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add eggs and sugar. Beat with an electric mixer until lemon yellow and foamy. Add oil and mix until well incorporated. Add instant coffeee and then gradually add flour mixture.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking tray and spread evenly into the corners using the back of the spatula.
- Bake for about 12 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Take a parchment paper and sprinkle with cocoa powder. This helps the cake not stick. Flip the cake over the paper. Remove the parchment paper it was baked with.
- While still hot roll with the parchment paper inside. You will have to do it while is still hot/warm otherwise it cracks. Let cool completely.
- Prepare the filling. Place chocolate and cream in a heatproof bowl and place over a pan with simmering water. Melt over low heat.
- In another bowl whip cream until stiff peaks form. Mix in the melted chocolate.
- Unroll the cake and spread the chocolate filling evenly over the cake.
- Roll the cake back up. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Dust the roll with cocoa powder. To make the ganache on top for decoration simply melt the chocolate with same amount of cream and using a spoon or simply a piping bag fitted with a small tip and drizzle the chocolate over the roll as you like. Let the ganache set for few minutes and serve.