- Chocolate Norwegian Cake - Chocolate Verdens Beste
- Breakfast Muffins - Refined Sugar Free Muffins
- Kvæfjordkake - Norwegian Verdens Beste - World's Best Cake
- Baked Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donuts (no yeast, no eggs)
- No-Bake White Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake
- Easy Three Cheese Stuffed Shells
- Chocolate Milk Slice Cake - Kinder Chocolate Milk Slice
- No-bake Berry Lemon Yogurt Mousse Cake
Strawberry Streusel Cake
Watch the video for this recipe:
Strawberry Streusel Cake is a moist buttery cake filled with a generous amount of strawberries and topped with an amazing crispy streusel. By far one of the best coffee cakes you can ever prepare.
The beauty of this recipe is that you can simply change the fruits according to season and have different coffee cake each time. This cake would be delicious with apricots, plums, peaches, blueberries and the list can go on.
The recipe is really easy to put together, one of the best recipes for having kids involved into the process. Hope you’ll give it a try and enjoy!
- Makes about 8-10 servings
- Cake Batter
- 1/3 cup (75g) butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup (70g) sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp (45g) sour cream
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 2 tsp (8g) baking powder
- 1 1/4 cup (160g) flour
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- Strawberry Filling
- 10 oz (300g) fresh strawberries
- 2 tbsp (30g) sugar
- 1 tbsp (8g) cornstarch
- Zest from a lemon
- Streusel Topping
- 2/3 cup (85g) all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup (56g) butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup (50g) brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1g) ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Grease an 8 inch (20cm) pan and line with parchment paper.
- Prepare streusel topping. In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar with all-purpose flour, salt and cinnamon. Whisk to combine, then add softened butter with a fork until the mixture feels crumbly. Set the streusel aside until all the other ingredients are prepared.
- Prepare strawberry filling. Cut strawberries into small pieces and place into a bowl. Add sugar, lemon zest and cornstarch and toss to coat. Set aside until you prepare the cake batter.
- Prepare cake batter. In a medium bowl whisk the flour with baking powder and salt. Set aside until ready to use.
- In a large mixing bowl add butter and sugar and mix to combine. Incorporate eggs one at a time. Add sour cream and vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- Gradually incorporate the flour mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Spread strawberry filling and top with streusel topping.
- Bake for about 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. If the streusel is browning too quickly cover with aluminum foil and continue baking.
- Let cool on a cooling rack for at least 20 minutes before serving.
- Dust with powdered sugar if desired.Enjoy!