This Strawberry Yogurt Mousse Cake is a heavenly dessert that combines the velvety strawberry vanilla sponge cake with tangy strawberry yogurt mousse creating a refreshing and delicate blend of flavors that is simple irresistible. It is perfect for any occasion, whether it’s a birthday celebration, gathering with friends, or holiday occasions.
First, we start with a soft and airy vanilla strawberry sponge cake, bursting with strawberries as the base, Next, we whip up a luscious strawberry yogurt mousse, bursting with the fresh taste of ripe strawberries. Each spoonful is a burst of fruity delight, perfectly balanced with the subtle sweetness of the vanilla.
Assembling the cake is easy, as we top the vanilla strawberry sponge with some strawberry jam and then with the strawberry yogurt mousse, creating a beautiful contrast of colors and textures. Finally, we top it off with fresh strawberries, vanilla wafer rolls and a dust of powdered sugar, adding the perfect finishing touch to this delectable dessert.
Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or simply treating yourself to something sweet, our Strawberry Yogurt Mousse Cake is sure to impress. So go ahead and give it a try and savor the irresistible blend of flavors in every bite.
How to make strawberry yogurt mousse cake
The recipe for this Strawberry Yogurt Mousse Cake is easy and quick to prepare. Begin with preparing the sponge cake and while the cake is baking continue with the strawberry sauce. Let them both cool completely and prepare the strawberry yogurt mousse cake. Assemble the cake and let it set for 4-6 hours in refrigerator. Decorate as desired and enjoy!
How to prepare the strawberry vanilla sponge cake
To make the strawberry sponge cake, start by preheating your oven to 340°F (170°C). Grease and line the bottom of an 8-inch (20 cm) pan with parchment paper.
Next, separate the egg whites from the yolks. In a medium bowl, mix the yolks with 1/4 cup (50g) of sugar, lemon zest, and vanilla extract until creamy and pale yellow. Gradually mix in oil and then add water. Incorporate the baking powder and flour into the yolk mixture, and set it aside.
In a large bowl, mix the egg whites with salt until foamy. Gradually add the remaining 1/4 cup sugar (50g) and continue mixing until soft peaks form. Gently fold a spoonful of whipped whites into the yolk mixture, then gently fold the yolk mixture into the whipped whites.
Toss the chopped strawberries with 2 tablespoons of flour, then gently fold them into the batter. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let it cool for about 10 minutes, then remove from the pan and cool completely on a rack.
How to prepare the strawberry sauce
While the cake is cooling, prepare the strawberry sauce by placing chopped strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes until thickened. Remove from heat and set aside to cool. Reserve 3 tablespoons (45g) of the strawberry sauce.
How to prepare the strawberry yogurt mousse
To prepare the strawberry yogurt mousse, dissolve gelatin in cold water and let it swell for about 5 to 10 minutes. Dissolve over low heat and pour over the remaining strawberry sauce. Mix to combine. In a large bowl, mix yogurt with powdered sugar. Add the strawberry gelatin mixture and mix to combine. In another bowl, whip the chilled whipping cream until stiff peaks form, then gradually fold it into the strawberry yogurt mixture.
How to assemble the cake
To assemble the cake, invert it onto a serving platter and spread the reserved 3 tablespoons of strawberry sauce evenly over the cake. Place a cake ring around the cake and line an acetate sheet around it. Pour the strawberry yogurt mousse over the cake and smooth the top. Refrigerate for at least 4-6 hours or overnight.
Before serving, decorate the cake with fresh strawberry halves and vanilla wafer rolls, and dust with powdered sugar.
Hope you will try this amazing Strawberry Yogurt Mousse Cake and enjoy. If you try it out, make sure to share the photos with me on Instagram. Would love to see how it turns out for you.
Other yogurt desserts you may like to try
This Easy Yogurt Cake is a delectable dessert that combines the lightness of a classic sponge cake with the tangy goodness of yogurt.
This Chocolate Berry Yogurt Mousse Cake is a delightful, light and refreshing dessert. It consists of two thin layers of chocolate sponge cake, a smooth and creamy yogurt mousse filling and a generous amount of fresh berries.
Try our Berry Lemon Yogurt Mousse Cake, a perfect treat for spring and summer days. This cake is very refreshing and flavorful. It consists of a crispy cookie lemon crust, topped with a lemon yogurt mousse, a berry jelly, followed with a berry yogurt mousse and decorated with fresh berries.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Puff Pastry Strawberry Cheesecake
20 Yogurt Desserts
Strawberry Lemon Bundt Cake
Strawberry Streusel Cake
Yogurt Strawberry Clafoutis
Strawberry Poppy Seed Layer Cake
No-Bake Raspberry Yogurt Zebra Cake
Chocolate Strawberry Cream Cheese Mousse Cake
Low-Fat Refined Sugar-Free Cheesecake
Eggless Fruit Cake
White Chocolate Strawberry Lemon Cookies
Almond Strawberry Chocolate Mousse Cake
Eggless Yogurt Brownies
Strawberry Lemon Thumbprint Cookies
Strawberry Lemon Layer Cake
No-Yeast Eggless Strawberry Rolls with Cream Cheese Lemon Icing
Strawberry Bread Pudding
Easy Strawberry Cake
Ruby Chocolate Strawberry Mousse Cake
35 Strawberry Desserts
Strawberry Yogurt Mousse Cake
Strawberry Sponge Cake
- 2 eggs , separated
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar , divided
- Lemon zest of a lemon
- 1/2 tsp (3g) vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp (45ml) vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp (45ml) water
- 3/4 cup + 1 tbsp (110g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2g) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- 9 oz (250g) fresh strawberries , chopped
- 2 tbsp (20g) all-purpose flour , for tossing
- 10 oz (300g) fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1/3 cup (70g) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30ml) lemon juice
Strawberry Yogurt Mousse Cake
- 2 ¼ tsp (7g) gelatin powder
- 3 tbsp (45g) cold water
- 9 oz (250g) Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup (30g) powdered sugar
- 1 ¼ cup (300ml) whipping cream
- fresh strawberries
- vanilla wafer rolls
- powdered sugar , for dusting
Prepare the strawberry vanilla sponge cake.
- Preheat the oven to 340F (170C). Grease and line the bottom of an 8-inch (20 cm) pan with parchment paper.
- Separate whites from yolks.
- In a medium bowl mix yolks with 1/4 cup (50g) sugar, lemon zest and vanilla extract, until creamy and pale yellow colored. Gradually mix in oil and then add water.
- Incorporate the baking powder and flour into the yolk mixture and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix egg whites with salt until foamy. Gradually add the remaining 1/4 cup sugar (50g).
- Continue mixing until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold a spoon of whipped whites into the yolk mixture and then gently fold the yolk mixture into the whipped whites.
- Place the chopped strawberries into a bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of flour.
- Gently fold the strawberries into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let it cool for about 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and cool completely on a rack.
Meanwhile, prepare the strawberry sauce.
- Place chopped strawberries, sugar and lemon juice in a small saucepan and place over medium heat, bring to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes until thickens. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Reserve 3 tablespoons (45g) of strawberry sauce.
Prepare the strawberry yogurt mousse.
- Dissolve gelatin in cold water and let it swell for about 5 to 10 minutes. Dissolve over low heat and pour over the remaining strawberry sauce. Mix to combine.
- In a large bowl mix yogurt with powdered sugar. Add strawberry gelatin mixture and mix to combine.
- In another bowl whip the chilled whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Gradually fold into the strawberry yogurt mixture.
Assemble the cake.
- Invert the cake onto a serving platter.
- Spread the reserved 3 tablespoons of strawberry sauce evenly over the cake.
- Place a cake ring around the cake. Line an acetate sheet around the cake and pour the strawberry yogurt mousse over the cake. Smooth the top.
- Refrigerate for at least 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Decorate the cake with fresh strawberry halves and vanilla wafer rolls. Dust with powdered sugar. Enjoy!