Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
Avocado and Pea Salad
Posted on August 30, 2013
Avocado and pea salad is one of the recipes that we made quite often lately, a recipe that let us enjoy the benefits of having our own vegetable garden. It is delicious, really healthy, quick and easy to prepare.
I used fresh green peas, directly from our garden, picked some in the morning from the pea bushes and used them raw as they are so sweet and tender. These can be well substituted with frozen peas so don't worry about that if there is no chance to get fresh peas.
Didn't realize since lately how good pair can make avocado with peas. This avocado and pea salad is definitely going to be on the top list on my breakfast or brunch recipes from now on as my daughters really love it and I am so happy for this.
- Makes about 2 servings
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and seeded
- 1/4 cup peas
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, optional
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put the avocado into a bowl. Mash avocado with a fork until almost smooth.
- Fold in onion, garlic, peas and lemon juice if used. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover with plastic wrap directly on the surface of the mixture to prevent oxidation if don't served immediately. Refrigerate until serving. Can be served with toast bread, pita bead chips, or crackers.
Nutrition facts 1 Serving - Calories:182, Fat:14.9 g, Saturated Fat:2.2 g, Carbohydrates:12.4g, Sugar:2.0 g , Fiber:7.9 g, Protein:3.3 g, Cholesterol:0 mg, Calories from Fat 134, Sodium 11mg, Vitamin A 7%, Vitamin C 38%, Calcium 3%, Iron 5%, Nutrition Grade A-,Daily Percent Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.