Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
White Bean Crostini
Posted on December 15, 2011
Very easy and fast recipe for a healthy delicious appetizer, great for holiday tables. The best part is that you can make it few days in advance and save some time.
- 1 baguette
- Extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- White Beans dip
- 2 cups of white beans, boiled
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp of parsley, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 F (180 C).
- Cut baguette into slices. Brush olive oil onto the top of each slice and place onto a large baking sheet. Sprinkle each slice with some sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place into the oven for about 15 minutes or until they are light golden brown. Remove and let cool.
- Blend beans in food processor but leave chunky. Add salt, pepper, oil, lemon juice, parsley and garlic and stir until well combined. You can boil the beans one day before like I did, let them cool and refrigerate. I prefer to boil the beans instead of using cans.
- Top each piece of crostini with bean puree. Garnish with freshly ground pepper. Enjoy!
Nutrition facts All Crostinis - Calories:2712, Fat:63.1 g, Saturated Fat:9.8 g, Carbohydrates:418.4 g, Sugar:17.1 g, Fiber:69.4 g, Protein:130.6, Cholesterol:0 mg, Calories from Fat 568, Sodium 2026 mg, Vitamin A 26%, Calcium 114%, Vitamin C 61%, Iron 302%, Nutrition Grade A, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.