This Ricotta Banana Blueberry Pie is a no-bake dessert perfect for summertime. Making it is super easy and it’s bursting with yummy flavors. It consists of a buttery biscuit crust topped with a sweet, caramelized banana layer, a creamy ricotta filling and a fresh blueberry sauce on top.
The pie looks amazing with its golden crust and colorful fillings. When you take a bite, you’ll taste the smooth ricotta cheese that’s a little tangy. The bananas are really sweet and mix perfectly with the ricotta. The blueberries add a burst of fresh and slightly sour flavor. The mix of flavors makes each bite super tasty and exciting.
Try this pie at your next dinner party, and everyone will want more than one slice!
How to prepare ricotta banana blueberry pie
At first you need to prepare the crust. Crush the biscuits using a food processor or take a zip lock bag and fill it with the biscuits, lock it, then use a rolling pin to crush all the biscuits.
Prepare the crust
In a large bowl mix together the crushed biscuits, the melted butter, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon, until all comes together. Press the mixture onto the bottom and edges of a 9 inch (23 cm) tart pan. Refrigerate the crust while you prepare the blueberry sauce and the caramelized bananas.
Prepare the blueberry sauce and caramelized banana slices
In a saucepan, boil together the blueberry (fresh or frozen), sugar and cornstarch, for 7-10 minutes. Set aside.
Slice the bananas and set aside. In a saucepan, melt the sugar until it turns golden brown, add in the butter, stir with a wooden spoon until it melts, then add in the banana slices. Keep cooking and stirring for 5-7 minutes, over medium heat, until they become soft and are completely caramelized. Set aside to cool.
Prepare the ricotta filling
In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, mix together the ricotta cheese, the cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
Assemble the ricotta blueberry banana pie
Take the pie crust out of the fridge, place the caramelized bananas onto the bottom of the pie crust. Fill the pie crust with all of the ricotta filling. Top with the blueberry sauce. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
Whether you share it with friends or enjoy it by yourself, every slice is full of yummy flavors. It’s a special pie that brings together richness and freshness, making it a simple pleasure to enjoy whenever you want. Hope you will try it out. If you do, make sure to share the photos with me on Instagram. Would love to see how it turns out for you.
Other ricotta desserts you may like to try
This Easy Lemon Ricotta Cake is a delightful dessert that effortlessly combines the tangy flavor of lemons with the creamy richness of ricotta cheese.
These delightful Ricotta Blueberry Pancakes are a fusion of creamy ricotta and juicy blueberries, creating a heavenly breakfast experience that’s irresistible.
This Strawberry and Ricotta Tart is a delightful and refreshing dessert that doesn’t require too much baking. It is a great tart perfect for berry season.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Rhubarb Ginger Tart with Rough Puff Pastry
Strawberry Yogurt Clafoutis
No-Bake White Chocolate Raspberry Pie
Lemon Meringue Tart
Key Lime Pie
Strawberry Basil Panna Cotta Tart
No-Bake Strawberry Pie
No-Bake Strawberry Chocolate Tart
Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
No-Bake White Chocolate Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake
Easy Blueberry Muffins
Blueberry Lemon Bundt Cake
Ricotta Banana Blueberry Pie
- 10 oz (300g) digestive biscuits
- 1/2 cup (110g) unsalted butter , melted
- 1/4 cup (50g) brown sugar
- 1 tsp (3g) cinnamon
- 9 oz (250g) blueberries , fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 1 tbsp (10g) cornstarch
- 1/3 cup (70g) sugar
- 2 bananas
- 2 tbsp (30g) butter
- 9 oz (250g) ricotta cheese
- 5 oz (150g) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup (60g) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
Prepare the pie crust.
- Use a food processor or take a zip lock bag and fill it with the biscuits, use a rolling pin to crush all the biscuits.
- In a large bowl mix together the crushed biscuits, the melted butter, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon, mix until all comes together.
- Press the mixture onto the bottom and edges of a 9-inch (23 cm) tart pan.
- Refrigerate the crust until you prepare the filling.
Prepare the blueberry sauce.
- In a saucepan, boil together the blueberries, sugar and cornstarch, for 7-10 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
Prepare the caramelized bananas
- Slice the bananas, set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt the sugar until it turns golden brown.
- Add in the butter, all at once, and stir with a wooden spoon until is completely melted.
- Add in the banana slices.
- Keep cooking and stirring for 5-7 minutes, over medium heat, until they are covered in caramel.
- Set aside to cool.
Prepare the ricotta filling.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, mix together the ricotta cheese, cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
- Set aside.
Assemble the pie.
- Take the pie crust out of the fridge.
- Place the caramelized bananas onto the bottom of the pie crust.
- Fill the pie crust with all of the ricotta filling.
- Top with the blueberry sauce.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. Enjoy!