- Oatmeal Lace Cookie Cups with Whipped Chocolate Ganache and Strawberry Jam
- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
- Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Chocolate Mocha Fault Line Cake with Chocolate Sail
- Crispy Onion Rings
- Croque en Bouche or Croquembouche
Chicken Stuffed Baked Potatoes
Watch the video for this recipe:
Chicken stuffed baked potatoes is a delicious healthy dish that potato lovers will enjoy either for brunch, lunch or dinner.
The filling choices are endless which makes it great for any season. Serve it right after you take it out of the oven to enjoy its amazing crispy potato shell and flavorful filling alongside your favorite dipping sauce and a fresh salad.
This recipe is easy to prepare, made with basic ingredients, a healthy recipe that kids will enjoy.
- Makes 8 servings
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 onion,diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 chicken breast, (200g) cut in small pieces
- 1 tbsp (14g) olive oil
- 1/2 tsp (1g) nutmeg, optional
- 1 cup (100g) grated Cheddar cheese
- Fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°F(230°C). Scrub potatoes, pierce them with a fork. Transfer to a baking sheet Brush or spray the potatoes with olive oil and bake for 40-45 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile prepare the filling. In a large frying pan heat oil or butter over medium high heat. Saute the onion with garlic for about 5 minutes until soft. Add red pepper and chicken small pieces and cook until meat is cooked through. Stir in fresh parsley, nutmeg, salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle cut potatoes in half lengthwise, scoop the interior out of each leaving about 1/4 inch shell of potato flesh and skin. Mash slightly the scooped-out potato, add to filling mixture, and stir.
- Turn the oven to 480°F (250°C). Fill the potato shells with the filling mixture and place them on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with mixed cheese on top. Bake for 10-15 minutes until potatoes turn golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce or sour cream or alongside a fresh salad.