- Chocolate Norwegian Cake - Chocolate Verdens Beste
- Breakfast Muffins - Refined Sugar Free Muffins
- Kvæfjordkake - Norwegian Verdens Beste - World's Best Cake
- Baked Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donuts (no yeast, no eggs)
- No-Bake White Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake
- Easy Three Cheese Stuffed Shells
- Chocolate Milk Slice Cake - Kinder Chocolate Milk Slice
- No-bake Berry Lemon Yogurt Mousse Cake
Watch the video for this recipe:
Everybody is familiar with this chocolate and vanilla cake, either made in zebra or marbled style, the taste of it reminds of childhood probably for many of us. Still a bit warm, along a cold cup of milk, zebra cake always makes a delicious treat.
- Makes about 10 servings
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 1 cup butter (200 g), at room temperature
- 1 cup (240 ml) milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups (375g) flour
- 2 tsp (10 g) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- For the chocolate batter
- 3 tbsp (25g) cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup (50ml) milk
- 1 tbsp (15g) sugar
- Grease and line with parchment paper, a 24 cm (9 in) round cake pan. Preheat oven at 180 (350 F).
- Whisk together in a large bowl the dry ingredients, flour salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another bowl mix the cocoa powder with 1/4 cup milk and 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Mix butter with sugar until creamy. Add eggs one at a time and mix until well incorporated. Add vanilla extract.
- With the mixer on low, alternate adding gradually milk and flour mixture until all is well incorporated.
- Remove two cups of the batter and mix them with the chocolate mixture.
- Use one tablespoon for each batter to create the layers of batter on the prepared pan. Begin from the middle of the pan, take one spoon of white batter then over it add a spoon of chocolate batter and repeat this steps until all batter has been used. (If you don't have the patience to make these layers just add one batter on top of the other and create swirls with a knife or fork to create the marbled effect)
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes on a cooling rack before removing from the pan.
- Serve as it is or top with chocolate glaze.