This Snickerdoodle Chocolate Pound Cake is one of the most comforting end easiest cakes you can prepare during the fall season. It has a moist, sweet, cinnamon-flavored crumb with a crispy topping and enough chocolate to satisfy both cinnamon and chocolate lovers. Cinnamon sugar is sprinkled on top of the cake to create the crispy caramelized topping which is irresistible.
How to make the Snickerdoodle Chocolate Pound Cake.
The recipe for this pound cake is really easy and can be ready to place in the oven in less than 15 minutes. First, you prepare the cinnamon batter by mixing butter with sugar and oil until creamy. Incorporate eggs one at a time and add vanilla extract. Gradually incorporate into the batter the flour and cinnamon mixture alternating with buttermilk. Fold in the chocolate chips and the batter is ready in just a few minutes.
In a small bowl mix the sugar with cinnamon. Pour up to half of the batter into a greased loaf pan, sprinkle cinnamon sugar, cover with the remaining batter and top with remaining cinnamon sugar.
Bake for about 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let it cool before serving.
You can always leave the chocolate out and substitute with nuts or raisins, or you can leave it simple.
If you like the cinnamon flavor you may also like these Brown Butter Snickerdoodle Cookies and Homemade Eggless Churros. For a quick satisfying recipe try this 1 Minute – Snickerdoodle Mug Cake. These Estonian Kringle and Baked Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donuts are also great cinnamon-flavored treats perfect for the fall season. Let’s don’t forget the Homemade Cinnamon Rolls or the quick version of No-Yeast Cinnamon Rolls.
I really hope you will try this flavorful Snickerdoodle Chocolate Pound Cake and enjoy it as much as we did.
Snickerdoodle Chocolate Pound Cake
- 1/4 cup (56g) butter , room temperature
- 1/4 cup (56g) vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup (150g) brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (120g) buttermilk
- 1 ½ cup (190g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (3g) cinnamon
- 1 tsp (4g) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (2g) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- 4 oz (120g) semisweet chocolate chips
Cinnamon Sugar Mixture
- 2 tbsp (30g) sugar
- 1 tsp (3g) cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Butter a 9×5 inches (23x13cm) loaf pan and line it with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl whisk flour with salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In another bowl mix butter with sugar and vegetable oil until creamy. Incorporate eggs one at a time. Add vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- With the mixer on low, gradually incorporate flour mixture alternating with buttermilk, until all is incorporated.
- Fold in the semisweet chocolate chips and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix sugar with cinnamon.
- Pour up to half of the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle half of the cinnamon sugar.
- Cover with the remaining batter. Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. If it browns too fast, you can cover it with aluminum foil and continue baking.
- Allow cooling into the pan onto a rack for about 5-10 minutes. Remove from the pan and cool completely.