If chocolate is the answer the question is irrelevant. Chocolate is always the supreme answer.This is the best brownie recipe I've made so far, rich and delicious with a crunchy top and soft interior. The best part is when you feel the melted choppped chocolate...just DIVINE.
- Makes about 9 servings
- 3/4 cup (90 g) dark chocolate, for melting
- 3/4 cup (90 g) dark chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup (170 g) butter
- 2 tsp vanilla cappuccino powder
- 1 tbsp dark cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 C). Butter the sides and bottom of a 9x9 inch baking pan. Line the pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a medium bowl, over bain-marie, stirring occasionally, until smooth. Add cappuccino powder. Remove the pan from heat but keep the bowl over the water and stir in the sugar, then remove the bowl from the pan.
- Incorporate the eggs one at a time into the mixture and whisk until well combined. Stir in the vanilla extract then add the flour, cocoa powder and stir well. Stir in the chopped chocolate.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 30 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the brownies cool completely, then carefully lift the parchment out of the baking pan. Cut into squares and serve.