I am glad to share with you the recipe for the most delectable and succulent homemade meatballs, prepared with a delightful blend of ground beef, pork, and a surprising twist – grated potato. These mouthwatering meatballs offer a unique combination of flavors and textures that will leave you craving for more.
Each meatball is rolled to perfection, ensuring a tasty and even cook. I love adding grated potato to my homemade meatballs’ recipe, as it adds a special touch, making the meatballs incredibly soft and flavorful. Not only does the grated potato act as a natural binder, holding the ingredients together, but it also imparts a subtle sweetness and a hint of earthiness that complements the savory meat blend harmoniously.
These meatballs are a hit at any gathering or as a comforting family meal. You can enjoy them with your favorite dipping sauces or with spaghetti and marinara sauce or savor them as a delightful snack or alongside your favorite side dishes.
How to make homemade meatballs.
Start by preheating the oven to 400ºF (200C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, place the ground meat and add all the remaining ingredients: onion, garlic, breadcrumbs, egg, Worcestershire sauce, grated potato, fresh parsley, salt, and pepper. Combine the ingredients thoroughly, being careful not to overwork the mixture.
Using a cookie scoop and greased hands, form the mixture into 1-inch (2.5 cm) balls and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Spray the meatballs with olive oil and bake for approximately 25-30 minutes or until they are nicely browned.
Serve these delectable meatballs as an appetizer with your favorite dipping sauces, or enjoy them alongside spaghetti and marinara sauce, or pair them with your preferred side dishes.
Hope you will try these homemade meatballs and treat your taste buds to a scrumptious and unforgettable experience! If you do, make sure to share the photos with me on Instagram. Would love to see how they turned out for you. Enjoy!
Other recipes you may like to try
This Spaghetti with Baked Meatballs recipe is a flavorful comforting dish easy to prepare, perfect for lunch or dinner. Bake the meatballs until they are cooked through, and then add them to a delicious slow-cooked marinara sauce that tops the al-dente spaghetti. Sprinkle Parmesan on top, and you’ve got one amazing meal that the whole family will enjoy.
This Meat and Potato Skillet recipe is a hearty and flavorful one-pan dish that will please the whole family. It is easy to make, budget-friendly and can be ready in 30 minutes which makes it perfect for busy weeknight dinners or weekend lunch.
This Irish Shepherd’s Pie is a delicious comforting dish perfect for lunch or dinner. Cook ground meat with plenty of vegetables and Guinness, then top it with delectable, mashed potatoes and cheese. Finally, bake it to create the perfect golden crust. It’s simply delicious and flavorful and a great choice for lunch or dinner.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Leftover Turkey Meatballs
Easy Three Cheese Stuffed Shells
Classic Bolognese Sauce
Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Chicken and Bean Enchiladas
Wiener Schnitzel with Viennese Potato Salad
Romanian Cabbage Rolls
- 1 pound (500g) ground beef and pork
- 9 oz (250g) potato (about 1 medium potato) , grated and squeezed
- 1 small onion (80g) , finely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/4 cup 35g) breadcrumbs
- 2 small eggs , lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp (15g) Worcestershire sauce
- fresh parsley, half a bunch
- 3/4 tsp (4g) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1g) black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (200C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place ground meat into a large bowl and add all the rest of ingredients: onion, garlic, breadcrumbs, egg, Worcestershire sauce, grated potato, fresh parsley, salt and pepper.
- Mix together until combined, make sure not to overwork the mixture.
- Form into 1-inch (2.5 cm) balls using a cookie scoop and your greased hands.
- Place the meatballs on the prepared baking sheet.
- Spray the meatballs with olive oil.
- Bake for about 25 -30 minutes or until meatballs are nicely browned.
- Serve as an appetizer with your favorite dipping sauce or with spaghetti and marinara sauce or alongside your favorite side dishes. Enjoy!